Preparing your trip to Marrakech: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists should keep in mind that during the Ramadan being a holy month in Marrakesh alcohol is strictly forbidden even for the city guests. Spirits are not sold during this period in local shops as well as gastronomy destinations get deprived of any alcohol at all. Many state institutions and stores can keep to the shortened working schedule or may be completely closed.
2. Local drivers as well as pedestrians do not keep to the road traffic rules eagerly. Travelling by car one should be at the extreme of the attention as local folks can cross the road in any convenient place. Pedestrians in their turn should be attentive as well and strictly keep to the sidewalks.
3. Purchases should be paid only in national currency as any other currencies will not be accepted by merchants. The currency can be exchanged in local banks or private currency exchange offices meanwhile using individual services is banned by law.
4. Setting off to the market one should have enough change as high-denomination note may be a trigger to put up a price for a merchant and a buyer thus is challenged not to get the rest.
6. The best time for shopping is weekdays as weekends features extreme skyrocketing of the prices. Markets and private shops welcome bargaining that will help sufficiently reduce the price.
7. The next sufficient problem of Marrakesh is beggars who are aimed exactly at foreign tourists. One should avoid talking to them or giving them some cash otherwise the beggars will follow the tourist all day long.
Marrakez is famous for its historical and religious attractions yet tourists with children will not be bored here. The city has numerous beautiful amusement parks and water parks. A standout … Open
9. Tourists should be backed up with sun protecting creams and sprays as sun burn of unscreened skin is guaranteed during the first day of the visit. The sun in Marrakesh is rather tricky and dull weather is rather rare.
10. Almost any service should be rewarded with tips. The sufficient reward for the restaurant service is about 10% of the total order sum meanwhile taxi drivers, guides, hotel maids are commonly rewarded with 1 – 5 dirham.
Preparing your trip to Marrakech: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Marrakech - unique sights
Medina of MarrakeshFrom the series “The Unesco World Heritage Sites in Africa”
Check on the map: Distance from Marrakech center - 0 km.The central square of Medina is Djemaa el Fna, life on which does not freeze literally for a minute. This is the largest place in Africa. Today it is hard to imagine that in this picturesque and busy square criminals were executed a few centuries ago. Here you can always meet sellers of sweets and water, as well as acrobats and dancers who present their talents. The most interesting act begins on the square at dawn, when it turns into a huge open-air restaurant. There are mangal and vats everywhere, in which traditional national dishes (meat and rice) are cooked. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Marrakech and surroundings
Photos of Marrakech
Travelling to Marrakech - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Marrakech. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.