Preparing your trip to Casablanca: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists are not recommended to drink tap water because its use can worsen the process of acclimatization significantly. It is better to buy bottled water, which can be found in all grocery stores and supermarkets.
2. Tourists, who plan to attend local cafes and restaurants, should pay attention to locals. If there are many people in a restaurant or a cafe, then this place is popular with locals. If a restaurant’s hall is almost empty even in the evening, then it’s better to refrain from visiting this place.
3. Do not forget to leave tips in all restaurants and cafes. Even if the service charge is included in the total bill, it is still necessary to add extra 10% to the due sum. Tips to waiters should be given directly to hands, as it’s better not to leave the money on a table.
4. It’s usually very sunny and hot in the resort, so tourists should not forget to use special protective creams and try to wear mostly closed clothes. The rule concerns not only tourists who expect to spend a lot of time on the beach, but also travellers who enjoy walking in the city.
6. It is also recommended not to leave any valuable items inside cars. Even an empty bag or a purse can attract burglars. By the way, cars should also be left in protected parking lots only.
7. When you walk around the city, you might meet a huge number of merchants and so-called “guides” who offer their goods or services very persistently. It is better to refuse all services from local residents, otherwise, it may become very difficult to escape from persistent pursuit of numerous traders.
The majority of the local people are followers of the Muslim religion, so their religious customs and traditions are reflected in all aspects of local life. Travellers should remember … Open
9. When exploring the city, tourists are recommended to choose closed clothes of neutral colors. There are no restrictions concerning clothes in the tourist areas.
10. Power supply voltage is 220V in the majority of modern hotels. Small family-run hotels can be equipped with their own power generators. In this case the voltage will be 110V.
Preparing your trip to Casablanca: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Casablanca - unique sights
Hassan II MosqueFrom the series “The Most Iconic Temples in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Casablanca center - 2.2 km.The large halls of the mosque, estimated at 25,000 people, are decorated with fine marble and granite furnishings. In the central hall you can see the giant chandeliers created by the best Venetian masters. The tall pink granite columns, the floor with gold-colored marble, the magnificent onyx furnishings - the design of the mosque is really luxurious and yet natural. The entrance to the mosque criterion is not only for the Muslims, but also for those interested in what makes the Hassan II Mosque one of Morocco's most popular sights. For more than twenty years, the magnificent mosque has been the highest religious building in the world. Its highest minaret is adorned with marvelous mosaic and stone carving. … Read further
Hassan II MosqueFrom the series “Top Largest and Famous Mosques Worldwide”
Check on the map: Distance from Casablanca center - 2.4 km.The floor of the mosque is partly consisting from the glass. Through this glass, you can see the sea bottom. The Mosque inside capacity is 25 000 people, outside area can have up to 80 000 people. If you once can visit this mosque, you will remember it forever. The best time for visiting it inside during the ebb and flood. At this time the waves bump the walls and people inside have the feeling that the mosque sails like a ship. … Read further
Morocco: travelling advices10. Before entering the house of a Moroccan, it is customary to take off your shoes, wash your hands in a specially designed bowl and say “Bismillah”.
11. During a meal, the food is taken with three fingers of the right hand. It is forbidden to touch the food with the left – “unclean” – hand.
12. You can refuse tea only after drinking a third glass.
13. Do not quench your thirst with water from a tap, as this often leads to digestive disorders. … Open
Photos of Casablanca
Travelling to Casablanca - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Casablanca. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.