Preparing your trip to Casablanca: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists are not recommended to drink tap water because its use can worsen the process of acclimatization significantly. It is better to buy bottled water, which can be found in all grocery stores and supermarkets.
2. Tourists, who plan to attend local cafes and restaurants, should pay attention to locals. If there are many people in a restaurant or a cafe, then this place is popular with locals. If a restaurant’s hall is almost empty even in the evening, then it’s better to refrain from visiting this place.
3. Do not forget to leave tips in all restaurants and cafes. Even if the service charge is included in the total bill, it is still necessary to add extra 10% to the due sum. Tips to waiters should be given directly to hands, as it’s better not to leave the money on a table.
4. It’s usually very sunny and hot in the resort, so tourists should not forget to use special protective creams and try to wear mostly closed clothes. The rule concerns not only tourists who expect to spend a lot of time on the beach, but also travellers who enjoy walking in the city.
6. It is also recommended not to leave any valuable items inside cars. Even an empty bag or a purse can attract burglars. By the way, cars should also be left in protected parking lots only.
7. When you walk around the city, you might meet a huge number of merchants and so-called “guides” who offer their goods or services very persistently. It is better to refuse all services from local residents, otherwise, it may become very difficult to escape from persistent pursuit of numerous traders.
Your active city break in Casablanca. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Casablanca is a luxury resort with beautiful beaches and a rich choice of entertainment options. The most scenic and beautiful part of the coast is called Playas Ain Diab. This beach is a … Open
9. When exploring the city, tourists are recommended to choose closed clothes of neutral colors. There are no restrictions concerning clothes in the tourist areas.
10. Power supply voltage is 220V in the majority of modern hotels. Small family-run hotels can be equipped with their own power generators. In this case the voltage will be 110V.
Preparing your trip to Casablanca: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Casablanca - unique sights
Morocco MallFrom the series “12 Largest Shopping Centers Worldwide”
Check on the map: Distance from Casablanca center - 8.6 km.An enormous aquarium is set up in the central atrium. Its volume is over one million litres. Several dozens of fish species live there: from tiny to quite enormous. Hundreds of people come here to look at them every day. "Morocco Mall" is situated in a picturesque coastal area. A lot of people come here to relax in the beautiful garden and to enjoy with the panorama. As others big shopping malls "Morocco Mall" offers a lot of entertainment. … Read further
Hassan II MosqueFrom the series “The Most Iconic Temples in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Casablanca center - 2.2 km.His grandiose project was realized at the shortest deadlines. In only thirteen years the huge mosque was completely built and received the first faithful in 1993. The main particularity of the mosque is its location. It was not built on the natural coast, but on the artificial platform and is literally above the water. The floor of the mosque is made of the high-strength glass, so you can see through it the waves of the ocean and its underwater inhabitants. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Casablanca and surroundings
Morocco: travelling advices10. Before entering the house of a Moroccan, it is customary to take off your shoes, wash your hands in a specially designed bowl and say “Bismillah”.
11. During a meal, the food is taken with three fingers of the right hand. It is forbidden to touch the food with the left – “unclean” – hand.
12. You can refuse tea only after drinking a third glass.
13. Do not quench your thirst with water from a tap, as this often leads to digestive disorders. … Open
Photos of Casablanca
Travelling to Casablanca - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Casablanca. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.