Preparing your trip to Vilamoura: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The most advantageous way to exchange currency is to use the services of offices located near the airport. Travellers, who expect to use the services of banks, should pay attention not only to the exchange rate, but also to the size of commission charged. In different banks, the sum of commission can vary significantly.
2. Large supermarkets and department stores accept payments by credit cards. Some shops even accept US dollars in addition to the national currency. The best way to withdraw cash is to use the ATM machines which are marked with «multibancos» sign. As a rule, they can be found in all major shopping complexes.
3. Do not forget to leave tips in restaurants and cafes of the city. As a rule, the size of tips is about 10% of the total cost. Taxi drivers should also receive small rewards. A tip of 5 - 10% of the total charge will be sufficient.
4. Travellers who expect to devote much time to shopping should pay attention to the shoes and clothes by local manufacturers as they are renowned for their high quality. Among the most popular souvenirs that travellers enjoy to get from the trip are items made of precious metals. Note that visitors are not recommended to buy jewelry in open markets. Customized stores are a much better choice for this purpose.
6. Despite the fact that the level of crime in the city is relatively low, the number of pickpocketing is still high. Therefore, tourists should not forget to monitor their bags and personal belongings in public places. When going to a beach, do not take valuable items, jewelry and large sums of cash with you.
7. Fans of fish dishes will find all what they need in simply any restaurant as seafood dishes dominate the menus of the majority of local restaurants and cafes. Port and local wine are the most popular alcoholic drinks in Vilamoura.
Vilamoura is a quiet and peaceful resort town where you can have a good time, enjoying insouciance and tranquility. This feeling is complemented by numerous natural attractions, beaches and … Open
9. Before you start your travel, do not forget to get a phrase book and learn several phrases in Portuguese. The locals have great respect for those visitors who try to speak their native language.
10. The best place to purchase souvenirs is to go to the waterfront as the most attractive shops and souvenir outlets are located there. Some shops work here even on weekends.
Preparing your trip to Vilamoura: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Vilamoura - unique sights
Benagil BeachFrom the series “10 Natural Wonders of the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Vilamoura center - 27.2 km.Inside one of these caves there is a hidden beach that is a goal of many travelers. In summer, Benagi is very popular among tourists. Thanks to abundance of rocks that serve as natural breakwaters, high waves are rare here. You can comfortably relax with children. However, the beach is sure to please fans of scuba diving. The water off the coast is crystal clear, allowing you to see the beauty of the underwater world in its diversity. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Vilamoura and surroundings
Photos of Vilamoura
Travelling to Vilamoura - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Vilamoura. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.