Preparing your trip to Cadiz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Despite the fact that Cadiz is a peaceful and safe city, travelers should not forget about basic safety measures. This means that it is better not to leave personal belongings unattended. Keep valuable items in a safe at your hotel. Of course, it is better not to visit the outskirts of the city alone in the evening.
2. Cadiz is perfectly suitable for cycling, so consider renting a bicycle to navigate from one landmark to another. Public transport also works well, the same applies to taxi. The only advice here is to ask the price of a taxi ride in advance and make sure the taxi driver turns the meter on and doesn’t say “mañana” instead (it means tomorrow or, to be exact, someday). It is possible to catch a taxi right on the street, online, or having called a company that offers these services.
3. Tourists need to be super careful when driving in Cadiz because local people do not always follow all traffic regulations.
4. To make a ride to another city, it is better to use the bus or train.
6. Many establishments such as cafes, shops, and restaurants close for siesta from 14:00 to 16:00. It may be hard to buy something or eat during these hours in Cadiz, and tourists should take this into consideration. As a rule, governmental offices start working at 9:00 and close at 17:00. Saturday and Sunday are days off. However, it is still better to check the schedule of the office that you plan to visit because working hours can also be changed depending on the season.
7. Almost everyone speaks international English, so travelers shouldn’t encounter any problems.
9. Tips are usually included in the total (10-15% of the total depending on the establishment). However, if the service fee is not included, tourists need to leave the extra.
10. To see local life, go to one of the local markets and try to bargain with sellers.
11. Such goods as jamon, sherry, leather items and ceramics are the most popular gifts that tourists bring from Cadiz.
Preparing your trip to Cadiz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Cadiz - unique sights
Parque Nacional de DonanaFrom the series “Largest Nature Reserves on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from Cadiz center - 47.1 km.Graceful pink flamingos, storks and herons, imperial eagles known for their stern temper – this is one of the only places on Earth with such an enormous variety of bird species like this. Rare species of Iberian lynx are also worth mentioning. The National park was created in 1769 and covers an area of 770 square kilometres. Over 250000 travellers from all over the world come here annually to experience unforgettable natural attractions of the region. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Cadiz and surroundings
Photos of Cadiz
Travelling to Cadiz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Cadiz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.