Preparing your trip to The Hague: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Music lovers should visit Hague during the period of the jazz festival. It is held annually in July and attracts thousands of fans of this musical direction.
2. Fans of nightlife should visit Binnenhof district, where they will find most attractive and popular venues. The local nightclubs are not only a great place to dance and to listen to your favorite music, but also a good reason to visit the surrounding bars, many of which offer delicious menu.
3. The most reasonably priced shops are located near the Passage. Here you will find pavilions with clothing, electronics stores, and several antique shops.
4. The waterfront area is the best destination for souvenirs. Here you will find the largest number of most original shops.
6. Flower market is the best place to buy beautiful flowers at great prices. There are always many tourists here, so sellers have accustomed to foreigners and are always glad to answer all their questions.
7. Fans of beach holidays should not forget to go to Scheveningen district. Local beaches have excellent conditions for outdoor activities. Here you will find sports facilities, and equipment rentals. Those, who want to relax in tranquil atmosphere, should not forget to visit Kiykduin district.
During the year locals celebrate numerous interesting and unique holidays, which attract tourists and leave a lot of bright impressions. The evening of April 29 is the beginning of "Royal … Open
9. If local attractions are not enough for you, it is high time to go on a trip to Delft. You can reach it by trams, which run from early morning till late evening.
Preparing your trip to The Hague: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in The Hague - unique sights
MadurodamFrom the series “Famous miniature museums of architectural objects and cities”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 1 km.Of particular interest are bushes and trees planted in the park, whose height is maintained by efforts of gardeners at a level of no more than 60 cm. The history of the park is incredibly interesting. The author of this project is a famous architect Side Yan Baum. The opening of the miniature park took place in 1952. Not everyone knows that it is a real monument to the victims of the war. … Read further
ErasmusbrugFrom the series “Unbelievable and magnificent bridges and viaducts”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 23 km.The main feature of the bridge is the high fine support, whose outlines resemble the neck of the graceful swan. The height 'of the neck' is 139 meters. In the evening, the support is decorated with the impressive festive lighting. The longest drawbridge in the world has one more interesting feature - Erasmus Bridge is one of the finest and lightest bridges on earth. The bridge thickness is only two meters. … Read further
Lisse Tulip FieldsFrom the series “Top 13 most colorful and picturesque places on the planet”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 25 km.The extensive plantations of tulips of different colors grow on the huge surface. For a few months of the year the beautiful flowers color the fields in all rainbow colors. The plantations look particularly beautiful from the bird's perspective. The tulips of different varieties form the specific geometric shapes on the earth and intertwine into a huge abstract drawing. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in The Hague and surroundings
Photos of The Hague
Travelling to The Hague - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in The Hague. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.