Preparing your trip to The Hague: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Music lovers should visit Hague during the period of the jazz festival. It is held annually in July and attracts thousands of fans of this musical direction.
2. Fans of nightlife should visit Binnenhof district, where they will find most attractive and popular venues. The local nightclubs are not only a great place to dance and to listen to your favorite music, but also a good reason to visit the surrounding bars, many of which offer delicious menu.
3. The most reasonably priced shops are located near the Passage. Here you will find pavilions with clothing, electronics stores, and several antique shops.
4. The waterfront area is the best destination for souvenirs. Here you will find the largest number of most original shops.
6. Flower market is the best place to buy beautiful flowers at great prices. There are always many tourists here, so sellers have accustomed to foreigners and are always glad to answer all their questions.
7. Fans of beach holidays should not forget to go to Scheveningen district. Local beaches have excellent conditions for outdoor activities. Here you will find sports facilities, and equipment rentals. Those, who want to relax in tranquil atmosphere, should not forget to visit Kiykduin district.
The Hague is the city of art and culture, splendid beaches and parks. It's nice to go to the Hague, Scheveningen and Cakedown at any season to laze in the sun, to walk across the beach or … Open
9. If local attractions are not enough for you, it is high time to go on a trip to Delft. You can reach it by trams, which run from early morning till late evening.
Preparing your trip to The Hague: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in The Hague - unique sights
Electric Ladyland Fluorescent MuseumFrom the series “15 unofficial man-made wonders of the world”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 51 km.In recent years, the museum's collection replenished with a variety of unusual sculptures. The layout of the Earth and a huge statue of Shiva are among the most impressive ones. Visit to the amazing museum in Amsterdam promises to be not only memorable, but also very informative event. Guests will learn about using fluorescence in contemporary art, industry and even marketing. They will understand how the thinnest ray of light is able to turn even an ordinary gray stone into a priceless piece of art. … Read further
Keukenhof Flower ParkFrom the series “Top 16 most unusual and original parks and gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 26 km.Currently, the park area occupies 32 hectares. Each year, about 7 million flowers are planted on its territory. In addition, the park features more than 90 species of trees, as well as artificial lakes, ponds, canals, and streams. Keukenhof is made for walking, so the length of all its footpaths is around 15 km. Romantic natures will be able to travel around the lakes and canals by boat. Fans of art will love the park too, as it has a rich collection of sculptures of different eras. The youngest guests are sure to enjoy an entertainment complex, as well as a farm with animals. … Read further
Moses BridgeFrom the series “The most unusual and strange bridges on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 61 km.The originality of the bridge, which is not far from Fort Fort de Roover, is that it was built deeper than water level. The designers of the project of the unusual bridge were the architects from known studios RO & AD. They have designed the design of the building so as to minimize the natural harmony in picturesque landscape. The strange 'bridge Moses' has so arranged itself into the natural landscape, that it is quite invisible from some angles of view. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in The Hague and surroundings
Photos of The Hague
Travelling to The Hague - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in The Hague. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.