Preparing your trip to The Hague: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Music lovers should visit Hague during the period of the jazz festival. It is held annually in July and attracts thousands of fans of this musical direction.
2. Fans of nightlife should visit Binnenhof district, where they will find most attractive and popular venues. The local nightclubs are not only a great place to dance and to listen to your favorite music, but also a good reason to visit the surrounding bars, many of which offer delicious menu.
3. The most reasonably priced shops are located near the Passage. Here you will find pavilions with clothing, electronics stores, and several antique shops.
4. The waterfront area is the best destination for souvenirs. Here you will find the largest number of most original shops.
6. Flower market is the best place to buy beautiful flowers at great prices. There are always many tourists here, so sellers have accustomed to foreigners and are always glad to answer all their questions.
7. Fans of beach holidays should not forget to go to Scheveningen district. Local beaches have excellent conditions for outdoor activities. Here you will find sports facilities, and equipment rentals. Those, who want to relax in tranquil atmosphere, should not forget to visit Kiykduin district.
The history of Hotel des Indes started yet in 1881 when the former residence of the private counselor of King Wilhelm III was turned into a luxurious hotel. Originally, the hotel was … Open
9. If local attractions are not enough for you, it is high time to go on a trip to Delft. You can reach it by trams, which run from early morning till late evening.
Preparing your trip to The Hague: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in The Hague - unique sights
MadurodamFrom the series “Famous miniature museums of architectural objects and cities”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 1.8 km.Madurodam received its name in honour of the famous student from Curacao George Maduro, who sacrificed his life in fight against the Nazi occupying forces. The initiators of the construction of the park were parents of the deceased student. For many years after the opening, all the proceeds of Madurodam were transferred to charitable purposes. The park of miniatures actively cooperates with various youth and charitable organizations nowadays. For tourists, Madurodam is a great opportunity to see the iconic sights of Holland in one place. The beautiful Royal Palace, the Mauritshuis Museum, the modern Schiphol Airport and the Rijksmuseum are just a few of the realistic mock-ups available for study. … Read further
ErasmusbrugFrom the series “Unbelievable and magnificent bridges and viaducts”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 23.2 km.The construction of the bridge cost more than 163 million euros. Queen Beatrix took part in the ceremonial opening ceremonies. Since the opening, the bridge has 'an active social and cultural life'. The director and main actor Jackie Chan has the bridge as the shooting location of the series 'Who am I?' Filmes in 1998 was chosen. In 2005 the concert of the world famous DJ Tiesto took place on the background of the beautiful bridge. The Erasmus Bridge is one of the landmarks of modern Rotterdam, connecting the city center with one of the newest and most active districts - Kop van Zuid. … Read further
Lisse Tulip FieldsFrom the series “Top 13 most colorful and picturesque places on the planet”
Check on the map: Distance from The Hague center - 25.6 km.In total, more than three billion flowers are planted annually on plantations. Almost all flowers grown on plantations are exported to the other countries. Tourists traveling to Lisse can visit the beautiful plantations as part of a bus excursion. The followers of the more original entertainments, prefer to enjoy the colorful landscape during the helicopter excursion. From the height you can appreciate the size of the plantations and their harmonious shape. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in The Hague and surroundings
Photos of The Hague
Travelling to The Hague - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in The Hague. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.