Preparing your trip to Rotterdam: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Despite the fact that the use of soft drugs is allowed in Rotterdam, sale and use of strong drugs is punishable by law.
2. You should greet others in public places (stores, banks, restaurants and subway wagons) - these are the local rules of etiquette.
3. It’s not recommended to wear clothes made of fur and leather for your walk in Rotterdam. In this city there are quite a lot of people who actively protect animal rights, so your look can cause many negative emotions and thoughts.
4. Dancing is not common in local restaurants and cafes. As a rule, tips are included in the bill and their usual size estimates around 10 - 15% of the total order.
6. Local people can be distinguished by dining very late. This is the reason why so many restaurants open only after 18:00.
7. While preparing for the trip, you should take into account that the voltage in Rotterdam is 220 V, so make sure you check the compatibility of all electrical appliances. Some hotels may have special sockets for electric shavers, the voltage in which is 110 V.
Rotterdam can offer its guests widest choice of interesting excursions and entertainments. Many attractions are located in the port area. From an architectural point of view the so called … Open
9. Bicycle is a popular type of public transportation here. You can easily reach any area of the city with its help. You can easily rent a bicycle in one of numerous rental offices that are located in any part of the city. Typically, the highest prices for bike rental are in the offices that are adjacent to hotels.
Preparing your trip to Rotterdam: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Rotterdam - unique sights
Keukenhof Flower ParkFrom the series “Top 16 most unusual and original parks and gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from Rotterdam center - 39.2 km.Currently, the park area occupies 32 hectares. Each year, about 7 million flowers are planted on its territory. In addition, the park features more than 90 species of trees, as well as artificial lakes, ponds, canals, and streams. Keukenhof is made for walking, so the length of all its footpaths is around 15 km. Romantic natures will be able to travel around the lakes and canals by boat. Fans of art will love the park too, as it has a rich collection of sculptures of different eras. The youngest guests are sure to enjoy an entertainment complex, as well as a farm with animals. … Read further
Moses BridgeFrom the series “The most unusual and strange bridges on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from Rotterdam center - 45.8 km.With due regard for the specific peculiarity of the bridge, the building material was specially selected for this purpose. Accoya wood was preferred, the duration of use of the bridge in the water should be at least 50 years. The unusual bridge built in 2011 was awarded several prestigious architectural prizes and became very popular among tourists. The general area of the bridge is relatively small and forms about 50 square meters. The bridge construction cost about 250,000 euros. … Read further
Efteling ParkFrom the series “The most fantastic amusement parks in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Rotterdam center - 49.4 km.For the guests who like the breathtaking and active entertainments, there are more than 30 attractions, including 5 roller coasters. The interesting attractions can also be found in the 'house with the ghosts'. The realistic attraction 'the Land of Dreams' will please the small park guests. As a legend tells, Walt Disney visited the Efteling Park shortly after the opening. The magical atmosphere of the park has inspired him to found Disneyland. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Rotterdam and surroundings
Photos of Rotterdam
Travelling to Rotterdam - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Rotterdam. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.