Preparing your trip to Antwerpen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. All tourists have an opportunity to get a free city map without any complications. In order to get it simply go to any kiosk located near the train station or Groenplaats Square.
2. Spring or summer are the best time to make a vacation in Antwerp. If you visit this place on other time of the year, frequent rains may violate your recreation program.
3. Smoking is prohibited in public places, so those tourists, who suffer from this addiction, have to search for specially designated smoking rooms. You also should not ask for an ashtray in restaurants – smoking is not allowed in all restaurants and bars of the city.
4. Antwerp suburbs and industrial neighborhoods are surely the most dangerous places for travelers. We recommend walking here only in daylight and with a large company.
6. Tips are already included into the total amount of a bill in most restaurants and cafes. However, if you wish, you can leave another 10% of the total order value.
7. If you want to save on travel, it is best to rent a bike. This city is very friendly to cyclists. You will be able to enjoy the beauty of the city in its full while making this kind of ride.
9. You should not compare the traditions of the locals with the tradition of French. Residents of this city are quite intolerable to French traditions.
10. Those, who want to visit the surrounding towns, should use the services of suburban trains. They will bring travellers to Bruges, Ghent and Brussels in less than an hour, and travellers will be able to enjoy comfort at minimal cost.
Preparing your trip to Antwerpen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Antwerpen - unique sights
Water Tower ConversionFrom the series “The most bizarre and fancy living houses”
Check on the map: Distance from Antwerpen center - 35 km.The water tower, built in 1938 in the town of Stinokkerzil, was expediently used until the end of the 20th century. In the course of this time, the tower became a distinctive architectural landmark, which is why the tower was deserted, the talented architects decided to give the second life to the tower. In 2007 the large tower reconstruction began, which lasted more than three years. … Read further
Mini-EuropeFrom the series “Famous miniature museums of architectural objects and cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Antwerpen center - 36 km.The park was opened in 1989. Today its area is about 24000 square meters. On this extensive territory the most important sights of 27 European countries were presented. Here, you can see the Arc de Triomphe, the Basilica of Sacre-Coeur, and the Acropolis. You can also be photographed against the backdrop of the miniature Eiffel Tower and the Maestranza arena. … Read further
Dinner In The SkyFrom the series “The most exotic restaurants in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Antwerpen center - 38 km.The original restaurants, where you can dine in heaven, was opened in 2006 and has been incredibly popular since the first days. At the moment there are similar restaurants in the other European cities, but Belgian dinner in the Sky remains the most popular and famous among them. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Antwerpen and surroundings
Photos of Antwerpen
Travelling to Antwerpen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Antwerpen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.