Preparing your trip to Antwerpen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. All tourists have an opportunity to get a free city map without any complications. In order to get it simply go to any kiosk located near the train station or Groenplaats Square.
2. Spring or summer are the best time to make a vacation in Antwerp. If you visit this place on other time of the year, frequent rains may violate your recreation program.
3. Smoking is prohibited in public places, so those tourists, who suffer from this addiction, have to search for specially designated smoking rooms. You also should not ask for an ashtray in restaurants – smoking is not allowed in all restaurants and bars of the city.
4. Antwerp suburbs and industrial neighborhoods are surely the most dangerous places for travelers. We recommend walking here only in daylight and with a large company.
6. Tips are already included into the total amount of a bill in most restaurants and cafes. However, if you wish, you can leave another 10% of the total order value.
7. If you want to save on travel, it is best to rent a bike. This city is very friendly to cyclists. You will be able to enjoy the beauty of the city in its full while making this kind of ride.
Shopping in Antwerp can be an unforgettable adventure. Popular shops and shopping centers are located very close to outstanding historical monuments, so a shopping trip always resembles an … Open
9. You should not compare the traditions of the locals with the tradition of French. Residents of this city are quite intolerable to French traditions.
10. Those, who want to visit the surrounding towns, should use the services of suburban trains. They will bring travellers to Bruges, Ghent and Brussels in less than an hour, and travellers will be able to enjoy comfort at minimal cost.
Preparing your trip to Antwerpen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Antwerpen - unique sights
Celebrities Underwear MuseumFrom the series “Strange, weird and unusual museums amusing its visitors”
Check on the map: Distance from Antwerpen center - 40 km.All collages presented in the museum are humorous and charming. One of the best collages is, according to the opinion of the museum founder, the collage depicting Nicolas Sarkozy. The talented painter does not want to stand still. He aims to expand the collection of the original museum and to prove to his guests that 'face to face all underwear are the same.' … Read further
Efteling ParkFrom the series “The most fantastic amusement parks in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Antwerpen center - 64 km.The park was opened in 1952. Its founder is the well-known decorator Anton Pieck. It was his idea to turn the traditional amusement park into a strange fairy-tale land that would definitely please the followers of the work of Charles Perrault and Hans Christian Andersen. The masterfully cultivated flower beds, the alleyways surrounded by the slender trees, the tiny ponds with lilies - the rest in the park is a must for the dreamers and artists. … Read further
Hallerbos ForestFrom the series “Stunning beauty places of the earth, unknown to tourists”
Check on the map: Distance from Antwerpen center - 57 km.Most people who visit the Blue Forest Hallerbos are the locals. This natural sight is not so well known among foreign guests. The travelers, who want to visit the fabulous forest next spring, are to take a trip accompanied by the guide. It does not help to get lost in the unknown forest, and will also show the most interesting places where you can observe the forest inhabitants of the forest from afar. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Antwerpen and surroundings
Photos of Antwerpen
Travelling to Antwerpen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Antwerpen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.