Preparing your trip to Brno: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. leaving tips in restaurants and bars is not obligatory, but you can thank an obliging waiter by leaving a cash reward of $ 5 - 10% of the total bill. Do not forget to leave tips to taxi drivers. In this case it’s enough to round the due sum up to the nearest convenient amount.
2. Exchanging currency is recommended in large state-owned banks, such as Komercni banka, Zivnostenska banka and Ceska sporitelna. They offer the most favorable exchange rate. Travelers are recommended to use the services of private offices and exchange offices in extreme cases only. Quite often they attract clients by favorable exchange rates, but charge a very high commission for the service.
3. Large restaurants, shopping centers and gas stations accept payments by credit cards of international standard. Therefore, there’s no need to carry a large sum of cash with you.
4. Visitors should be aware of pickpockets in popular public places. It is better not to put valuable items to your pockets. When you walk in a market or make a ride in public transport, camcorders and cameras shouldn’t be worn on a strap. It is better to put them into a bag.
6. Fans of nightlife should keep in mind that most of the bars are closed at 23:00. Only several night clubs and discos work until late at night.
7. Any violation of public order is due to heavy fines in Brno. Disposing of waste is possible only in special bins. There are specially designated places for picnic in the parks of the city. You cannot have a picnic outside them.
Brno is an ancient Czech city that is rich in different traditions and customs. This place is also known as the largest winery center of the country. Brno has a long history and sometimes … Open
9. Local motorists and pedestrians are distinguished by good knowledge and careful following of traffic rules. Visitors should also respect these rules.
10. You can rent a car in one of numerous car rental agencies throughout the city. The age of a renter must be at least 23 years. In order to rent a car, travelers may need a driving license of the international standard and collateral, the amount of which depends on the brand of the car rented.
Preparing your trip to Brno: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Brno and surroundings
Photos of Brno
Travelling to Brno - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Brno. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.