Preparing your trip to Prague: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Those, who expect to devote much time to walks around the city, are recommended to bring comfortable shoes with them. The reason for this is in the fact that the majority of streets are lined with stone blocks, so only comfortable shoes are suitable for long walks.
2. Fans of cultural events are advised to purchase ISIC card. It entitles you to a discount when you visit various museums, theaters and cultural institutions.
3. Drivers should be especially careful in Prague, because there is a strict speed limit throughout the city - 50 km/h.
4. The majority of cafes and small restaurants have special promotional stands installed near their entrances. These stands feature most popular dishes and prices for them.
6. Tourists are recommended to give valuables to the reception or close them in a safe installed in the guestroom. Do not take much money and other valuables for you walk in the city.
7. When going to shops, you can notice that the price for the same type of products can differ no more than by 20%. The fact is that prices for the majority of goods are fixed, and this fact really simplifies life of shoppers.
Discovering the architecture of Prague from bird's eye view! St. Vitus Cathedral, St. Nicholas Church, Loreta, National Theatre, Dancing House, Petrin Lookout Tower, all those monuments are defining the image of Prague … Open
9. Experienced travelers recommend buying your favorite souvenirs immediately. The thing is the range of souvenirs can vary greatly in various shops, so you simply can fail to find the item you’ve liked in other stores.
Preparing your trip to Prague: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Prague - unique sights
Prazsky HradFrom the series “Amazing ancient fortresses рreserved to this day”
Check on the map: Distance from Prague center - 2 km.In some houses the interiors of the previous years were restored. In such houses the collections of antique furniture, works of art, ancient books and documents are preserved. After visiting the old buildings and the church you can walk in the Royal Gardens. The tourists who visit Prague Castle with the young children can go to Golden Street. Here the interesting museum of the toys was opened in one of the colorful houses. The painted galleries, the old fountains, the painted gates and the hundred-year-old statues - all this can be seen behind the walls of the wonderful old castle. … Read further
Zamek BerstejnFrom the series “Amazing ancient fortresses рreserved to this day”
Check on the map: Distance from Prague center - 53 km.In addition to the cozy rooms, there is the excellent library in the castle, where more than 30,000 old volumes and the collection of medieval maps are preserved. This wonderful hotel was opened in 1953 and is therefore considered a historical object in all senses of the word. The owners of the castle have also preserved the centenary surrounding garden, where the excellent swimming pool and a lot of the spacious terraces for the guests were equipped. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Prague and surroundings
Photos of Prague
Travelling to Prague - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Prague. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.