Preparing your trip to Bratislava: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best time to visit Bratislava is the period from May to September. At this time of year the weather is most favorable. It should be noted that during summer months the city is visited by a large number of tourists, so visitors are recommended to book rooms at hotels of the city in advance.
2. The best way to exchange currency is in banks. You can also see specialized exchange offices throughout the city, but they usually provide less profitable exchange rates. Banks usually work from 9:00 to 16:00 on workdays. They may also close during a day for a small lunch break. Exchange offices are opened a little earlier, around 7:00, or they can work around the clock.
3. All major hotels, restaurants and gas stations of the city accept payments by credit cards of international standard. In order to cash traveler's checks, you will need to contact a bank or any post office of the city.
4. Travelers are free to cash out money from their credit cards in numerous ATMs around the city. Visitors are recommended to use ATMs, which are located inside shopping centers and banks.
6. Do not forget to leave tips in restaurants and bars of the city. They usually make up about 10% of the total order. In some large establishments tips may be included in the total bill.
7. Power supply voltage is 220 V. All hotels are equipped with standard European-style sockets. In case you need an adapter for any applicance, you can ask it in your hotel or purchase in one of specialty shops.
Local people have great respect for traditions of the past. Devotion to customs and culture of their ancestors can be easily seen in almost all spheres of life. During numerous national … Open
9. Local drivers differ by wonderful discipline, so visitors of the city should also be attentive to traffic rules. Pedestrians also need to be very careful as any violation of the rules may result in a large fine.
10. Medical services are paid in Bratislava, so travelers are advised to make health insurance before the trip.
Preparing your trip to Bratislava: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bratislava - unique sights
Toilet of Modern ArtFrom the series “Public toilets, who makes it extravagant”
Check on the map: Distance from Bratislava center - 53 km.The interior of the toilet reminds of the gallery of contemporary art with a multitude of colorful mosaics and paintings, painted washbasins and toilet blocks. On the walls of the toilet you can see the magnificent photos with distinctive sights of Vienna, as well as the interesting mosaics are composed of colorful tiles. … Read further
Vienna Opera ToiletFrom the series “Public toilets, who makes it extravagant”
Check on the map: Distance from Bratislava center - 55 km.The toilet, which is situated in the transition of the Karlsplatz metro station, has aroused the contradictory opinions since opening. Some people find it quite original and modern, although the others consider this toilet to be an evil mock on the operatic art. The design of the 'opera toilets' is also quite interesting. The walls in it are wallpapered with old posters and photographs of the famous Viennese opera. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bratislava and surroundings
Photos of Bratislava
Travelling to Bratislava - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bratislava. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.