Preparing your trip to Linz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Gourmets should definitely order the Linzer cake in one of local ethnic restaurants. The recipe of this unique dessert was created over 300 years ago, and now chefs prepare the cake in full compliance with all the requirements. The taste of this treat is just amazing.
2. The main tourist center of the city is the Linz City Tourist Board located next to the Hauptplatz train station. The center serves its customers daily. You can take booklets describing sights and a city map, as well as learn about upcoming cultural events and book tickets in the tourist office.
3. The high tourist season is from May to October. At this time, the most favorable weather prevails. The temperature rarely drops below 20 degrees Celsius, and rains are rare. Travelers who expect to visit Linz at this time are advised to book a room in advance.
4. Public transport in Linz is represented with an extensive network of trams and buses. Tickets have to be bought in advance; they are sold at stands at bus stops and tobacco shops. The cost of a ticket for a single journey is 1.6 euros; paying 3.2 euros you can buy a ticket for a single day, and a ticket for a week will cost 10.7 euros.
6. Bike remains a favorite mode of transport of local residents. Travelers can rent a two-wheeled transport too; the daily rental cost is about 10 euros. Donau Touristik on Lederergasse street is considered to be the most attractive rental center.
7. Going out for shopping it isn’t necessary to take large sums of cash. You can pay with a credit card almost in every shop. Cash would be useful for those who want to shop at open markets and small shops located away from the city center. Restaurants also accept credit cards.
In Linz, vacationers with children will be interested in visiting the zoo Linzer Tiergarten. Everyone can take a walk along this zoo for free. There are many wild animals in the zoo … Open
Preparing your trip to Linz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Linz - unique sights
Castle RozmberkFrom the series “The Most Mysterious Buildings (Houses, Palaces, Castles) in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Linz center - 40.3 km.On his deathbed, the nobleman asked his wife for forgiveness, but she said him nay; that’s why he cursed her. The curse was so strong, that after more than 500 years the spirit of Perchta can’t find a resting place and lives in the ancient castle. Locals call the ghost the White Lady and consider it to be a guardian of an ancient castle. Usually it’s seen in a beautiful white gown, but if the ghost wears black dress, it means that soon will be a trouble and someone will die. Once the keeper of the castle was seen in a scarlet dress; a few days later the castle was caught by strong fire. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Linz and surroundings
Photos of Linz
Travelling to Linz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Linz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.