Preparing your trip to Vienna: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The public transport system is very well developed here. Trams and buses work from early in the morning until midnight. After midnight you will see special night buses on main streets of the city.
2. Taxis are rather cheap in Vienna, but "catching" it on the streets of the city is simply impossible. It is better to call a car to a restaurant or a hotel. You can also take a taxi in one of special sites.
3. The majority of shops and shopping centers are open until 18:00. Shops located near railway stations work until 23:00.
4. Tobacco products can be purchased in special stores and kiosks only.
6. Anyone can rent a car in Vienna. For this purpose it is enough to have a credit card by any bank and an international driver's license. A person, who rents a car, should be at least 21 years old; some brands of cars are allowed for rent only to persons aged 23 or older.
7. Banks are the best place to exchange currency as they usually offer the most favorable rate. On Thursdays the majority of banks have reduced working hours, so they are closed for an hour and a half earlier than usual.
The nature and culture of the locals are rather contradictory. There are really many jokes about the 'dissatisfaction with life’, which is so common for Austrians. Locals often make … Open
Preparing your trip to Vienna: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Vienna - unique sights
Toilet of Modern ArtFrom the series “Public toilets, who makes it extravagant”
Check on the map: Distance from Vienna center - 2 km.The original 'Toilet of the Contemporary Art' is still an outstanding masterpiece of the world-famous architect Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Since the inauguration many curious tourists visit the toilet not to do the emergency, but to graze on the incredible room design and make the original photos. Like the other unique architectural masterpieces of Hundertwasser, the unusual modern toilet became the place of the world. … Read further
SeegrotteFrom the series “The scariest mines in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Vienna center - 15 km.After 60 years, when the field of the mine was flooded, an amazingly beautiful lake of impressive scale has eventually formed there. During the World War II, the abandoned mine was used to store precious historical relics, so locals had to pump all the water out of the caves. However, they couldn’t overcome the forces of nature and eventually mines were flooded again. Every year, this amazing attraction is visited by more than 250,000 people. Tourists are offered to stroll through the maze of tunnels and have a wonderful boat ride along the huge underground lake. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Vienna and surroundings
Photos of Vienna
Travelling to Vienna - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Vienna. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.