Preparing your trip to Karlovy Vary: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Karlovy Vary is distinguished by a great public transport system. It’s very simple to navigate through the city by bus. If you need to go to suburban areas, high-speed trains will be the best solution. Train tickets should be purchased in advance at special kiosks or directly at railway station.
2. Tourists who expect to use public transport a lot are recommended to purchase the universal ticket pass. It can be valid from three to fifteen days. These passes can be found in all newsstands, hotels, and travel agencies.
3. Travellers, who decide to rent a car, will need to present a driving license of the international standard and a copy of the identity document. Prepare that you will be asked to pay a deposit for the time of car rent. The amount of the deposit depends on the brand of a car.
4. The best way to travel in the historic part of the city is by foot. This way it will be easier to see all famous sights. In order to make your walk in the city even more comfortable, it is recommended to buy a map of the city.
6. Tourists, who plan to buy antiques and works of local artists as souvenirs, should not forget to prepare all the necessary papers. Export of objects of cultural value is prohibited.
7. It is recommended to use the national currency when you plan to go shopping. Non-cash payments are accepted in all major department stores and supermarkets. Bargaining in local markets is not accepted, but if a buyer makes a good impression on a seller, he/she may receive a gift or an interesting souvenir.
Your active city break in Karlovy Vary. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Karlovy Vary is famous for its spa complexes, many of which started serving visitors in the beginning of the 20th century. Lazne is considered the oldest health center of the resort. The … Open
9. Karlovy Vary is considered quite a calm and quiet resort. It’s safe to walk in the central areas of the city even late at night. However, tourists should not forget to be very careful and keep an eye on personal belongings in public places as there’s a danger to become a victim of pickpockets.
Preparing your trip to Karlovy Vary: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Karlovy Vary - unique sights
Plzen UndergroundFrom the series “Unbelievable Underground Mini-Cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Karlovy Vary center - 62.7 km.The Czech Republic has an underground city Plzen that is famous for its 19-kilometre length tunnels. Earlier these complicated basements were used for product storages, sometimes locals used them for evacuation during the aggression upon them. This underground city has a great number of interesting legends. One of them says that the underground has treasures. The complex system of underground labyrinths was constructed even in the 14th century. Hundreds of years there were placed craft producers and a small wine factory. … Read further
Photos of Karlovy Vary
Travelling to Karlovy Vary - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Karlovy Vary. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.