Preparing your trip to Karlovy Vary: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Karlovy Vary is distinguished by a great public transport system. It’s very simple to navigate through the city by bus. If you need to go to suburban areas, high-speed trains will be the best solution. Train tickets should be purchased in advance at special kiosks or directly at railway station.
2. Tourists who expect to use public transport a lot are recommended to purchase the universal ticket pass. It can be valid from three to fifteen days. These passes can be found in all newsstands, hotels, and travel agencies.
3. Travellers, who decide to rent a car, will need to present a driving license of the international standard and a copy of the identity document. Prepare that you will be asked to pay a deposit for the time of car rent. The amount of the deposit depends on the brand of a car.
4. The best way to travel in the historic part of the city is by foot. This way it will be easier to see all famous sights. In order to make your walk in the city even more comfortable, it is recommended to buy a map of the city.
6. Tourists, who plan to buy antiques and works of local artists as souvenirs, should not forget to prepare all the necessary papers. Export of objects of cultural value is prohibited.
7. It is recommended to use the national currency when you plan to go shopping. Non-cash payments are accepted in all major department stores and supermarkets. Bargaining in local markets is not accepted, but if a buyer makes a good impression on a seller, he/she may receive a gift or an interesting souvenir.
The popular resort will surely impress fans of gastronomic tourism with a huge choice of cozy restaurants and cafes. In this city visitors will find dining facilities of different … Open
9. Karlovy Vary is considered quite a calm and quiet resort. It’s safe to walk in the central areas of the city even late at night. However, tourists should not forget to be very careful and keep an eye on personal belongings in public places as there’s a danger to become a victim of pickpockets.
Preparing your trip to Karlovy Vary: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Karlovy Vary and surroundings
Czech Republic: travelling advices5. In areas where there are many tourists, one should avoid taking a taxi. Taxi drivers cash in on tourists who don't know much about local prices, greatly overcharging them. Instead, one should search for existing taxi services in advance and call there, or order a taxi online. You can also catch a passing taxi. It is better to negotiate payment in advance.
6. In the Czech Republic, it is customary to yield seats in public transport to the elderly, pregnant women, and children of preschool age. Ignoring this rule can cause resentment among others.
7. In shops, subway, buses, squares, and other crowded public places, it is important to watch your wallets, bags, and pockets. Pickpockets never sleep here. Important documents are best to be kept in a safe of the hotel room.
8. Traveling by car, park it only in guarded parking lots - theft from cars parked in the streets is very common in the Czech Republic. … Open
Photos of Karlovy Vary
Travelling to Karlovy Vary - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Karlovy Vary. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.