Preparing your trip to Graz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. You will find many car rental offices in Graz. In order to rent a car, you will need a driving license of the international standard and a credit card with the required amount of collateral in the account. Travellers are recommended to use the services of firms that are located near the railway station and airport.
2. All the taxis work in accordance with a unified tariff system, so taxi rates can only be changed depending on the time of day. Some firms charge an additional fee for luggage. Travellers who expect to make taxi rides outside the city should negotiate the cost of a ride with taxi drivers in advance.
3. The most beneficial way to make phone calls is to use public pay phones, which can be found close to all government institutions and shopping centers. They are operated by special plastic cards or coins. The calls by such phones made from 8:00 to 18:00 will be the cheapest.
4. Money can be easily exchanged at any bank or post office. While exchanging your money, do not forget to pay attention not only to the exchange rate, but also to the size of commission charged. Different establishments can charge significantly different commissions.
6. Travellers are not obliged to leave tips in restaurants and cafes, but they are free to leave a small monetary reward to a waiter for good service. A tip of 5% of the total cost will be enough. In luxury restaurants service charges may be already included in the bill.
7. The majority of shops and shopping centers open at 8:00 and work until 18:30. Some shops may be closed on Saturday. Large shopping malls can work seven days a week and accept visitors until late at night.
Guests of the city traditionally enjoy visiting Grubers Kehlberghof restaurant that specializes in preparation of dishes of Avesta cuisine. The menu of the restaurant features popular dishes … Open
9. August in considered the hottest month. As a rule, the temperature is over 30 degrees almost every day. Therefore, during this period travelers who expect to devote much time to excursions and walks in the city should refrain from visiting Graz.
Preparing your trip to Graz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Graz - unique sights
Underwater Park Gruner SeeFrom the series “Top 16 most unusual and original parks and gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from Graz center - 60 km.In Austria, fans of unusual places will be able to visit the Gruner See park located in the small town of Tragoess. In winter, the park doesn’t differ from the usual one. It has a comfortable zone for walks with wooden benches and a stone-paved pathwalks. The main decoration of the unusual park of Gruner See is the lake of the same name. At the beginning of spring, it changes the appearance of the park beyond recognition. … Read further
Arnold Schwarzenegger MuseumFrom the series “Famous museums of world celebrities”
Check on the map: Distance from Graz center - 5 km.One of the most famous museums in the world is located in the Austrian village of Thal. It is dedicated to the legendary actor Arnold Schwarzenegger. The place of the museum location was not chosen by chance, as Tal village is home to the world-famous actor. It was decided to open the museum in the house where Schwarzenegger has spent the first 19 years of his life. The museum opened on 7 October 2011. The history of the sight is very interesting. The idea belongs to the best friend of the actor, Peter Urdlen. … Read further
Photos of Graz
Travelling to Graz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Graz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.