Preparing your trip to Graz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. You will find many car rental offices in Graz. In order to rent a car, you will need a driving license of the international standard and a credit card with the required amount of collateral in the account. Travellers are recommended to use the services of firms that are located near the railway station and airport.
2. All the taxis work in accordance with a unified tariff system, so taxi rates can only be changed depending on the time of day. Some firms charge an additional fee for luggage. Travellers who expect to make taxi rides outside the city should negotiate the cost of a ride with taxi drivers in advance.
3. The most beneficial way to make phone calls is to use public pay phones, which can be found close to all government institutions and shopping centers. They are operated by special plastic cards or coins. The calls by such phones made from 8:00 to 18:00 will be the cheapest.
4. Money can be easily exchanged at any bank or post office. While exchanging your money, do not forget to pay attention not only to the exchange rate, but also to the size of commission charged. Different establishments can charge significantly different commissions.
6. Travellers are not obliged to leave tips in restaurants and cafes, but they are free to leave a small monetary reward to a waiter for good service. A tip of 5% of the total cost will be enough. In luxury restaurants service charges may be already included in the bill.
7. The majority of shops and shopping centers open at 8:00 and work until 18:30. Some shops may be closed on Saturday. Large shopping malls can work seven days a week and accept visitors until late at night.
In order to get acquainted with the multifaceted culture of local residents, travellers are recommended to visit colorful national holidays that take place in Graz every year. Each … Open
9. August in considered the hottest month. As a rule, the temperature is over 30 degrees almost every day. Therefore, during this period travelers who expect to devote much time to excursions and walks in the city should refrain from visiting Graz.
Preparing your trip to Graz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Graz - unique sights
Arnold Schwarzenegger MuseumFrom the series “Houses of Famous People and Stars Currently Open to Tourists”
Check on the map: Distance from Graz center - 5.4 km.The museum was opened in 2011. His director is Peter Urdl, Arnold's companion. According to the unofficial information, the school friend of the actor has come to found the museum devoted to Arnold. The actor took an active part in his education. For example, he has almost completely rebuilt the kitchen after the child's memories, as well as handed over the most important and memorable things to the museum. The old family photos, the first dumbbells of the big bodybuilder, the incredibly realistic wax figures and the cozy kitchen with an old metal stove - the house in which Schwarznegger spent his childhood is full of valuable and unique exhibits. … Read further
Underwater Park Gruner SeeFrom the series “Top 16 Most Unusual and Original Parks and Gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from Graz center - 60.4 km.In spring, mountain streams gradually fill the lake, so it’s increased by several times and completely floods the park. Gruner See is a real treasure for divers. In warmer months, they can walk through the picturesque park down the water. During warmer months, the lake depth is 12 meters. Incredibly picturesque alpine meadows, paths, which are used by visitors, as well as trees and benches are hidden under a layer of water. It’s incredibly amazing to watch the natural beauty of the park under the water, but divers should take into account that, even in the height of summer, the lake temperature is less than 5 degrees Celsius. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Graz and surroundings
Photos of Graz
Travelling to Graz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Graz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.