Preparing your trip to Graz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. You will find many car rental offices in Graz. In order to rent a car, you will need a driving license of the international standard and a credit card with the required amount of collateral in the account. Travellers are recommended to use the services of firms that are located near the railway station and airport.
2. All the taxis work in accordance with a unified tariff system, so taxi rates can only be changed depending on the time of day. Some firms charge an additional fee for luggage. Travellers who expect to make taxi rides outside the city should negotiate the cost of a ride with taxi drivers in advance.
3. The most beneficial way to make phone calls is to use public pay phones, which can be found close to all government institutions and shopping centers. They are operated by special plastic cards or coins. The calls by such phones made from 8:00 to 18:00 will be the cheapest.
4. Money can be easily exchanged at any bank or post office. While exchanging your money, do not forget to pay attention not only to the exchange rate, but also to the size of commission charged. Different establishments can charge significantly different commissions.
6. Travellers are not obliged to leave tips in restaurants and cafes, but they are free to leave a small monetary reward to a waiter for good service. A tip of 5% of the total cost will be enough. In luxury restaurants service charges may be already included in the bill.
7. The majority of shops and shopping centers open at 8:00 and work until 18:30. Some shops may be closed on Saturday. Large shopping malls can work seven days a week and accept visitors until late at night.
Graz has prepared a rich program full of excursions for its guests. Travelers should definitely not forget to visit Armoury Museum. The beautiful museum, which was one of the largest … Open
9. August in considered the hottest month. As a rule, the temperature is over 30 degrees almost every day. Therefore, during this period travelers who expect to devote much time to excursions and walks in the city should refrain from visiting Graz.
Preparing your trip to Graz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Graz - unique sights
Arnold Schwarzenegger MuseumFrom the series “Houses of famous people and stars currently open to tourists”
Check on the map: Distance from Graz center - 5.4 km.It must be noted that the museum was opened under the direction of the actor. As he himself has explained, he has decided to open the museum in his own house, not to become even more famous, but to show his own real origin to the general public. The fact that he was born and grown in the ordinary peasant family is, according to the theorist, to give his fans more self-confidence and show that everything is possible in this world. … Read further
Arnold Schwarzenegger MuseumFrom the series “Famous museums of world celebrities”
Check on the map: Distance from Graz center - 5.6 km.A few years before the museum's opening, the author said that he wants to assemble a collection of things associated with the actor. A few years later, Urdlen confessed that they were necessary for him to be exhibited in the unique museum. Today, the collection presented in the old house of Schwarzenegger is truly unique. You can see a lot of amazing things, which include old posters of the actor, sculptures, and personal sports equipment of the famous bodybuilder. A rich collection of old photographs and a figure of Terminator recreated as accurately as possible are just a part of the exhibits that guests can explore in the museum. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Graz and surroundings
Photos of Graz
Travelling to Graz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Graz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.