Preparing your trip to Salzburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best time to visit the city is during warm months of a year. It’s quite cold in Salzburg in winter, and this fact can prevent you from enjoying various excursions and entertainments.
2. There is a well-developed network of trolleybuses and buses in the city. You can easily get to any street you’re interested in by using public transport.
3. Tickets for public transport can be purchased at any tobacco shop - here they are the cheapest.
4. The city’s taxi is quite inexpensive, but rates may rise in the evening. It is better to call to a special service and get a taxi to a restaurant or a hotel as "catching" a free taxi on the road will be quite difficult.
6. The tourists, who will rent a bike, need to watch it carefully. Don’t leave it unattended on the streets of the city as the vehicle can be stolen. Each bike is provided with a special chain and a combination lock that will help you to protect your two-wheeled friend from thieves.
7. Local chocolate remains a popular souvenir that tourists usually bring from Salzburg. During the time of trade fairs you can also purchase beautiful decorations for your home.
9. Those travellers, who feel there are not enough attractions in Salzburg, are advised to make an excursion to Vienna. Each day numerous sightseeing buses leave Salzburg for the capital. You can also get to Vienna independently by train.
Preparing your trip to Salzburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Salzburg - unique sights
The Historic Center of SalzburgFrom the series “Top 15 UNESCO sites In Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Salzburg center - 0 km.The residence impresses with its elegant interior. Some of its rooms are reserved for storing collections of European paintings. There is a new residence nearby. The center of the square is crowned with the famous Rezidenzbrunnen Fountain. There are many religious sites in the historic district of Salzburg, including the Benedictine Abbey of St. Peter, which was founded in the 7th century. Another striking religious monument is the Cathedral, which was consecrated in 774. … Read further
Salzburg CubeFrom the series “Most curious artifacts of extraterrestrial origin”
Check on the map: Distance from Salzburg center - 1.9 km.The fossil meteorite of the unusual regular shape was discovered by a local factory worker in the lignite patch. The artifact with the weight of 785 grams was immediately handed over to the scientists. According to the first assumptions, the researchers have proposed a theory on meteorite land treatment. It has not been possible to clarify who and what the regular edges have applied to the meteorite. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Salzburg and surroundings
Photos of Salzburg
Travelling to Salzburg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Salzburg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.