Preparing your trip to Salzburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best time to visit the city is during warm months of a year. It’s quite cold in Salzburg in winter, and this fact can prevent you from enjoying various excursions and entertainments.
2. There is a well-developed network of trolleybuses and buses in the city. You can easily get to any street you’re interested in by using public transport.
3. Tickets for public transport can be purchased at any tobacco shop - here they are the cheapest.
4. The city’s taxi is quite inexpensive, but rates may rise in the evening. It is better to call to a special service and get a taxi to a restaurant or a hotel as "catching" a free taxi on the road will be quite difficult.
6. The tourists, who will rent a bike, need to watch it carefully. Don’t leave it unattended on the streets of the city as the vehicle can be stolen. Each bike is provided with a special chain and a combination lock that will help you to protect your two-wheeled friend from thieves.
7. Local chocolate remains a popular souvenir that tourists usually bring from Salzburg. During the time of trade fairs you can also purchase beautiful decorations for your home.
Your active city break in Salzburg. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Salzburg is a real finding for fans of outdoor activities. The city features incredibly huge number of parks, gardens and pedestrian streets, so there’s no wonder why walks and cycling … Open
9. Those travellers, who feel there are not enough attractions in Salzburg, are advised to make an excursion to Vienna. Each day numerous sightseeing buses leave Salzburg for the capital. You can also get to Vienna independently by train.
Preparing your trip to Salzburg: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Salzburg - unique sights
Hallstatt VillageFrom the series “Small Flamboyant Towns Painted with Van Gogh Colors”
Check on the map: Distance from Salzburg center - 53.3 km.With regard to the available historical data, the first mentions of the village belong to the 14th century. The town is situated away from the other settlements. Until the early 20th century, it was virtually impossible to get to it. For this reason, very little is known about the medieval history of the town. In many ways, the settlement has become famous thanks to its salt mines. … Read further
Dachstein Sky WalkFrom the series “Elegant Architectural Structures for Fans of Skywalks”
Check on the map: Distance from Salzburg center - 52.9 km.The glacier serves as a foundation for a viewing platform with a bridge. The structure is perfectly visible even from the territory of Slovenia and the Czech Republic. Not everyone dare to walk through the suspension bridge, as it looks very fragile. Fencing on the bridge and on the observation deck are made of glass. That further enhances the thrilling sensation and allows you to admire the surrounding mountain scenery without any obstacles. … Read further
HalstattFrom the series “15 Sparsely Populated Places for Solitude with Wildlife”
Check on the map: Distance from Salzburg center - 52.5 km.It was about 40 kilometers long. The pipeline was built for transporting salt to the nearby Ebensee city. Since the foundation of the town, the main local problem is a lack of earth. The area is restricted with a lake on the one part and lofty mountains on the other part. That’s why the town doesn’t have a permanent burial ground, bodies are covered with the earth only for 10 years. After this period the bones of dead people are taken from the earth, blanched and transported in a local chapel. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Salzburg and surroundings
Photos of Salzburg
Travelling to Salzburg - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Salzburg. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.