Preparing your trip to Kosice: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Vacationers should observe basic safety rules. It isn’t necessary to walk through the deserted areas of the town in the evening; in public places you need to keep personal belongings closely. To avoid confusion, it’s better to carry a copy of an identity document and a map of the hotel with you.
2. Tourists going on a ski base should be attentive to the storage of equipment. It is prohibited to bring it to a hotel room; the hotel has a special room for sports equipment. Leaving skis and other equipment at the entrance to a cafe or restaurant is not recommended.
3. During a walk through the nature reserve it is prohibited to gather flowers and damage plants. Tents and camping can be settled only with guide’s permit; it is strictly prohibited to kindle campfires and settle down for a picnic without permission.
4. On weekends, life in the town literally stands still. All public offices, shops and shopping centers are closed. Even some restaurants may operate following a reduced schedule. It’s better to plan important excursions and other trips on weekdays.
6. When visiting restaurants and cafes it’s usual to leave a tip, which has to be 10-15% of the total order. Monetary rewards can also be left to a taxi driver; it is enough to round up the resulting sum.
7. The main form of public transport is a bus. Several routes through the city are busy from early in the morning to 7-9 pm. In the evening, it is more convenient to travel by taxi; you can call for it by phone or pick it on a special parking.
Kosice has very distinctive culture. Its music, religious and culinary traditions differ with an abundance of interesting customs. Despite the fact that the period of the Hungarian rule had … Open
Preparing your trip to Kosice: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Kosice and surroundings
Slovakia: travelling advices1. Tourists visiting churches in Slovakia should dress appropriately. This also applies to non-believers exploring churches as attractions. Those respecting the faith of others get respect in turn. People dressed improperly may be asked to leave the church. Behavior should also be within reasonable limits: talking loudly, making noise, taking photos without permission and using mobile phones in churches are not accepted.
2. Before holidays such as Christmas, New Year, and Easter, be sure to stock up on food for the week ahead, as during these holidays most of the stores are closed for the next week. One should also keep in mind that many shops in Slovakia do not work until late, close early on Saturday, and do not work on Sunday, so try to buy food and everything you need in advance.
3. Slovaks do not like arrogant people, as well as those flaunting their achievements, knowledge, skills, and expensive things. Slovaks themselves are typically modest, even if they have something to be proud of. Braggarts cause irritation. Being aware of this, tourists will be able to avoid side glances. You should not show off a car, high salary, professionalism, talents, and other things, mentioning them casually and going into details only if Slovak friends themselves bring up a particular subject.
4. When dining in restaurants and cafes, you should have small change with you, because toilets are often paid. … Open
Photos of Kosice
Travelling to Kosice - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Kosice. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.