Preparing your trip to Kosice: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Vacationers should observe basic safety rules. It isn’t necessary to walk through the deserted areas of the town in the evening; in public places you need to keep personal belongings closely. To avoid confusion, it’s better to carry a copy of an identity document and a map of the hotel with you.
2. Tourists going on a ski base should be attentive to the storage of equipment. It is prohibited to bring it to a hotel room; the hotel has a special room for sports equipment. Leaving skis and other equipment at the entrance to a cafe or restaurant is not recommended.
3. During a walk through the nature reserve it is prohibited to gather flowers and damage plants. Tents and camping can be settled only with guide’s permit; it is strictly prohibited to kindle campfires and settle down for a picnic without permission.
4. On weekends, life in the town literally stands still. All public offices, shops and shopping centers are closed. Even some restaurants may operate following a reduced schedule. It’s better to plan important excursions and other trips on weekdays.
6. When visiting restaurants and cafes it’s usual to leave a tip, which has to be 10-15% of the total order. Monetary rewards can also be left to a taxi driver; it is enough to round up the resulting sum.
7. The main form of public transport is a bus. Several routes through the city are busy from early in the morning to 7-9 pm. In the evening, it is more convenient to travel by taxi; you can call for it by phone or pick it on a special parking.
Kosice has very distinctive culture. Its music, religious and culinary traditions differ with an abundance of interesting customs. Despite the fact that the period of the Hungarian rule had … Open
Preparing your trip to Kosice: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Photos of Kosice
Travelling to Kosice - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Kosice. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.