Preparing your trip to Debrecen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The most favorable time for vacations is the period from May to September. In the autumn, a recreation program can be ruined by heavy rains. A special microclimate is maintained on the territory of a balneological complex, therefore it is always very comfortable and pleasant to spend time here.
2. It's best to explore local attractions on foot since almost all of them are located within walking distance of the city center. Besides interesting museums and architectural monuments, many attractive restaurants can be found in the central area.
3. The most popular and optimal form of transport is city trams running through all the remarkable places of Debrecen. A taxi should be ordered by phone or on special parking lots. One shouldn't try to flag down a cab on the street - things just don't work this way here.
4. Despite the fact that the local spa resort is famous for its healing properties, it has a number of contraindications. Too much water procedures are not recommended for those suffering from infectious diseases, malignant tumors, thyroid diseases, as well as chronic cardiovascular diseases.
6. Before going on a trip, tourists are advised to obtain health insurance. Only emergency medical care is provided to foreign tourists free of charge, and the cost of other services depends on insurance conditions. 7. The most common souvenirs are handmade crafts, as well as porcelain and crystal products, which are sold in virtually all shopping complexes. 8. Grocery stores and supermarkets open quite early, at 7:00 am, receiving visitors until 7:00 pm. Saturday is considered a shortened working day when shops are open until 1:00 pm and Sunday is a day off. Many private shops and large supermarkets may work 7 days a week. 9. It's best to make calls to other countries from special public telephones, which can be found near large shopping malls and government agencies. Payphones are working with special cards, which can be purchased at post offices, tobacco kiosks, and newsstands. 10. In restaurants, it is customary to leave tips in the amount of 10% of the bill. A small cash reward should be left to taxi drivers - just round the resulting amount to any convenient sum.
Preparing your trip to Debrecen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Debrecen and surroundings
Photos of Debrecen
Travelling to Debrecen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Debrecen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.