Preparing your trip to Budapest: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are highly recommended to purchase a special discount card. It entitles you to have discounted rates on public transport, museums, amusement parks, zoos and other cultural facilities.
2. While exploring the city, tourists are recommended to use only public transport. The number of buses and trolleybuses is really big here, so you will have no problems with reaching any point of interest or attraction.
3. Those tourists, who expect to travel using taxi, should make sure their wallets are tight and full of US dollars. Many drivers accept payments exclusively in U.S. dollars. You also need to specify the price of your ride beforehand with the driver. Many unscrupulous drivers use the lack of awareness among tourists and increase their rates several times.
4. It is normal to leave tips in taxi and restaurants. The usual amount of a tip estimates 10 - 20% of the total sum.
6. If you want to devote much time to walk in the city, summer is definitely the best time for your trip. The period starting from June and till August is considered the hottest one.
7. The most popular souvenirs in Budapest are products made of crystal and lace. You will find these products at very reasonable prices in local shops and outlets.
Local people impress travelers with their cheerfulness and positive attitude. Despite funny and playful nature, they are distinguished by high spirituality. People here devote much time to … Open
9. When you purchase goods on open markets, you need to be prepared for the fact that many sellers increase prices deliberately, counting on uninformed tourists. Next: Unusual weekend in Budapest
Preparing your trip to Budapest: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Budapest guide chapters: Guide intro Family trip with kids Cuisine & restaurants Traditions & lifestyle Culture: sights to visit Attractions & nightlife Tips for tourists Unusual weekend in Budapest Extraordinary hotels Stylish design-hotels Luxury accommodation Hotels with history Legendary hotels Romantic hotels Shopping in Budapest Top sightseeing Architecture & monuments
What to visit being in Budapest - unique sights
Gellert GyogyfurdoFrom the series “Most Extraordinary Thermaes, Baths and Saunas in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Budapest center - 3 km.There is also a chic outdoor swimming pool with very beautiful cascades, artificial waterfalls and stone terraces. Gellert Bath will be an excellent way to get not only physical, but also aesthetic pleasure. Economical travellers should take into account that visiting bathhouses is paid. Those who want to minimize material costs, should take a towel, a special cap and shoes. All the above accessories can be taken in the bath for an additional fee. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Budapest and surroundings
Photos of Budapest
Travelling to Budapest - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Budapest. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.