Preparing your trip to Budapest: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers are highly recommended to purchase a special discount card. It entitles you to have discounted rates on public transport, museums, amusement parks, zoos and other cultural facilities.
2. While exploring the city, tourists are recommended to use only public transport. The number of buses and trolleybuses is really big here, so you will have no problems with reaching any point of interest or attraction.
3. Those tourists, who expect to travel using taxi, should make sure their wallets are tight and full of US dollars. Many drivers accept payments exclusively in U.S. dollars. You also need to specify the price of your ride beforehand with the driver. Many unscrupulous drivers use the lack of awareness among tourists and increase their rates several times.
4. It is normal to leave tips in taxi and restaurants. The usual amount of a tip estimates 10 - 20% of the total sum.
6. If you want to devote much time to walk in the city, summer is definitely the best time for your trip. The period starting from June and till August is considered the hottest one.
7. The most popular souvenirs in Budapest are products made of crystal and lace. You will find these products at very reasonable prices in local shops and outlets.
Travelers will find many unusual hotels in Budapest. Hotels on water have become the calling card of the city. Boat Hotel Fortuna is one of these hotels. The boat hotel is docked not far … Open
9. When you purchase goods on open markets, you need to be prepared for the fact that many sellers increase prices deliberately, counting on uninformed tourists.
Preparing your trip to Budapest: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Budapest - unique sights
Marzipan MuseumFrom the series “Strange, weird and unusual museums amusing its visitors”
Check on the map: Distance from Budapest center - 18 km.'The sweet reproductions' of the world-famous paintings, the old furniture, the numerous statuettes and the tiny copies of the famous sights - the boom in the imagination of the talented confectioner is simply surprising. The most original museum expositions are the figure of Michael Jackson, as well as the realistic portrait of Mozart. Most of the exhibits exhibited were made by Károly Szabó. Some masterpieces were created by his talented pupils. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Budapest and surroundings
Photos of Budapest
Travelling to Budapest - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Budapest. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.