Preparing your trip to Playa del Carmen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The rainiest season o f the year in Playa del Carmen is considered to be autumn. During the fall months a plan of a vacation may be interrupted with severe rainfalls. Tourists looking for a rich exploration tour over the resort should better visit Playa del Carmen in winter which is not that hot.
2. Planning a visit to the Playa del Carmen resort one should be backed up with sun protecting creams and lotions as getting a sun burn as well as sun stroke is possible even during a common tour through the city. Those tourists looking for visiting of nature reservations should get insect protection as well. Mosquitoes are still the main problem of the resort.
3. The only available type of city transport is a bus running not only to every district of the resort but to the nearest suburbs as well. Prices for trips are fixed and can be specified in any tourist information center or hotel.
4. In the evening the only available type of transport is a taxi. Tourists should not anticipate cheating on the side of drivers who may practice upon unawareness of foreign guests. Taxi rates are controlled by law. Thus taxi drivers are disabled to skyrocket the prices when taking foreign guests aboard as stiff fines are imposed for such kind of violation of law.
6. Visiting a market place tourists should be backed up with enough of change as this will simplify the payment. Large shopping centers and boutiques accept international credit cards.
7. Tips are a must in local restaurants and cafes. 10% of the bill added will be quite enough to reward a waiter. Even if the service fee is already included into the bill, a waiter will be waiting for some reward all the same. Taxi drivers and hotel maids are waiting for tips of 1 – 2USD.
Even a few decades ago Playa del Carmen was one of numerous fishing villages – a totally unremarkable and secluded place. The reason for the sudden growth in the number of newcomers was in … Open
Preparing your trip to Playa del Carmen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Playa del Carmen - unique sights
Sac ActunFrom the series “Largest and Most Branched Caves on Earth”
Check on the map: Distance from Playa del Carmen center - 58.3 km.At present, Sac Actun is the second-longest cave in the world and is only the mammoth cave. The divers like the complicated cave system thanks to the comfortable conditions for diving. The entrances to the cave are all along the coast, and the water temperature in the flooded tunnels seldom drops below 20 degrees. The main danger to the divers is the complicated cave structure. So far, researchers have discovered more than 5,000 transitions, which can be very fast. … Read further
Alux Restaurant-BarFrom the series “The Most Extraordinary Bars and Café on the Planet”
Check on the map: Distance from Playa del Carmen center - 2.8 km.A lot of people come here to try the original cocktail Aluxinant. It consists of mezcal, orange and cucumber juice. Moreover, the visitors can order outstanding dishes of Mexican cuisine in the restaurant. One more peculiarity of the restaurant-bar is an equipped stage for musicians. The cave has a special acoustic, that's why life concerts are usually held there. This bar will like not only fans of exotic cocktails but also fans of the fine vine. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Playa del Carmen and surroundings
Photos of Playa del Carmen
Travelling to Playa del Carmen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Playa del Carmen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.