Preparing your trip to Georgetown: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers should not take a stroll to remote neighborhoods of the city alone. It is also important not to forget about basic precautions when staying in public places. There might be pickpockets and swindlers in popular areas.
2. Shopping centers, supermarkets, large restaurants, and gas stations accept credit card payments, so tourists do not need to take large sums of cash with them. However, tourists will need cash if they plan to visit budget restaurants and make purchases in open-air markets.
3. The majority of museums and other cultural venues open at 8 a.m. and work until 4 or 5 p.m. Tourists, who decide to visit local museums independently, are better to check work hours of museums and galleries they are interested in.
4. Different hotels can have different line voltage that can range from 110V to 240V. Wall sockets can also be different, so it is better to find out this information in advance, before the travel. That will help vacationers to stock up on connectors and adapters they might need.
6. Savvy tourists will find local budget restaurants and cafes very appealing. No need to be scared of them as they offer high-quality food. In order not to make a mistake when choosing a place to eat, it is better to keep an eye on locals. Popular dining venues are always full of guests.
7. Tourists wishing to save on accommodation will be pleased with numerous private hotels and boarding guest-houses. As a rule, they charge no more than US$20 dollars a night, but have friendly staff and often offer a nice range of services.
Local cuisine will definitely appeal to all fans of seafood and healthy eating. Such ingredients as rice, vegetables, and fresh fish are the basic ingredients of the national food. It is … Open
9. Tourists are recommended to purchase jewelry and other expensive items in large shopping centers only. At markets, inexperienced tourists risk paying a lot for a cheap fake good.
Preparing your trip to Georgetown: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Georgetown and surroundings
Photos of Georgetown
Travelling to Georgetown - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Georgetown. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.