Preparing your trip to Katowice: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Despite the fact that the local cuisine is considered rather simple and popular, there are really rare exotic treats "not for everybody”. When you visit restaurants dedicated to the national cuisine, it is worth asking a waiter all the questions you’re interested in. The local staff is used to a large number of tourists and will certainly advise on all aspects of the dishes they serve.
2. Do not forget to leave tips in local restaurants. As a rule, the amount of tips should be from 10% to 15% of the total order. Some upscale dining establishments may already include a service fee in the total score, and while in small restaurants and cafes visitors will need to round the sum indicated in the bill in a big way to any convenient amount.
3. Besides the national currency, some private shops and cafes may accept payments in the U.S. dollars. However, tourists should keep in mind that the exchange rate in such a situation will not be the best one. There are not many exchange offices in the city, and they may charge quite a large fee for their services, so it is recommended to exchange money at the border or in the airport.
4. There are many places in the city, where visitors can pay by credit cards. Non-cash payments are accepted in most shops, restaurants and gas stations. Cash will be important only for tourists who expect to make purchases in open air markets, or who want to visit small shops and restaurants located away from the city center.
6. Katowice is a cozy and quiet city, so it’s safe to walk in its main streets even late at night. However, travelers should not go for a walk to remote areas of the city alone. In this case it is better to explore these parts of the city together with a guide.
7. The city is distinguished by a well-developed public transport system. It’s easy to reach any part of the city by bus. Buses are also a good solution if you want to visit the suburbs of Katowice. However, it is worth noting that after 23:00 the rate is increased by three times. The night rate is valid until 5:00 am.
The local cathedral is a beautiful architectural monument and one of the most important attractions of the city. The construction of the church was started in 1927. The cathedral is designed … Open
9. The majority of local people speak foreign languages, but they prefer to speak exclusively the native one. In order to show respect for local people, tourists are also recommended to learn a few phrases in the local language.
Preparing your trip to Katowice: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Katowice and surroundings
Poland: travelling advices6.Poland is a religious country. Christmas celebration is taken with all responsibility, and, therefore, it is worth to visit its large cities at this time.
7. Pickpockets can be met in busy tourist places. It’s better not to carry a large sum of money with you. The original documents should be left in hotels.
8. Telephones booths may be seen on the streets of Polish cities. To make a call, you must first buy a special card. You can do that in the news stall or at the post office.
9. If you want to ride a taxi, you have to order a car in advance. It is difficult to grab a car on the street. Ride sharing is not practiced in the country. Prices on private driver services are greatly inflated. … Open
Photos of Katowice
Travelling to Katowice - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Katowice. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.