Preparing your trip to Warsaw: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Savvy travelers should pay attention to hotels that are located away from the center of the city. They differ not only by very reasonable prices, but also by their fairly modest services. There is a small campground near the central bus station in Warsaw.
2. Travellers who plan to visit religious sites should select their clothes more carefully. People wearing too bright or revealing clothing may not be allowed to enter many churches.
3. Photography and video shooting are permitted in most churches and museums of the city. However, in some institutions this may be available for a small additional fee. The only thing tourists must remember is not to use prohibited types of photo and video shooting. Do not use the flash during both photo and video shooting.
4. Museums and other cultural institutions usually have excursions on the Polish language, so travelers are recommended to purchase a guide in advance. You can also book excursions in other languages, but this should be also made in advance.
6. When going for a walk, it is necessary to take a copy of your identity document. Documents and other valuables are better to be kept in a safe in your hotel room.
7. Waiters are traditionally provided with small cash rewards in local restaurants and cafes. The amount of the tip is usually about 10% of the total order. In luxury institutions service charges may be already included in the total bill. Otherwise the amount should be rounded up in a big way to any convenient sum. Giving tips to taxi drivers in Warsaw is not common.
Warsaw is a city with long history and difficult destiny. After World War I around 85% of the city’s buildings were destroyed and all power was thrown into the development of the old … Open
9. All the public toilets of the city are paid and usually work until 22:00. WC located in gastronomic establishments, cinemas and shopping complexes are the only exception.
10. Streets of Warsaw are distinguished by perfect order. Throwing garbage is allowed into special bins only. Smoking can be prohibited in public places. Violators of these rules are likely to be charged with large fines.
Preparing your trip to Warsaw: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Warsaw and surroundings
Poland: travelling advices6.Poland is a religious country. Christmas celebration is taken with all responsibility, and, therefore, it is worth to visit its large cities at this time.
7. Pickpockets can be met in busy tourist places. It’s better not to carry a large sum of money with you. The original documents should be left in hotels.
8. Telephones booths may be seen on the streets of Polish cities. To make a call, you must first buy a special card. You can do that in the news stall or at the post office.
9. If you want to ride a taxi, you have to order a car in advance. It is difficult to grab a car on the street. Ride sharing is not practiced in the country. Prices on private driver services are greatly inflated. … Open
Photos of Warsaw
Travelling to Warsaw - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Warsaw. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.