Preparing your trip to Apeldoorn: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. A large part of government entities work from 9.00 to 18.00. Saturday and Sunday are days off. Some shops can work on Saturdays, but on Monday they can open only in the afternoon.
2. Drug stores have a different schedule, so it is possible to use their services almost round the clock.
3. Banks, postal offices, and specialized exchange offices are the best places to exchange currency. As a rule, exchange offices near popular hotels do not offer the most beneficial rate and often charge an extra commission that can be relatively high.
4. All large shopping complexes, supermarkets, restaurants, and hotels accept credit card payments of all internationally famous systems. Cash is needed on markets and while exploring suburban areas.
6. Apeldoorn has a well-developed public transport system. It is possible to reach virtually any place of interest by bus. To pay for public transport, guests of the city need special cards, strippenkaarten. It is possible to buy them at the railway station, in newspaper stands, and exchange offices close to bus stops.
7. Local people care about the environment, and tourists should respect this tradition. It is prohibited to throw litter or neglect rules stipulated in the park.
9. Local people love animals, so they prefer not to wear leather clothes, leave alone fur.
10. In a café, the bill is separated and everyone pays their own part. Tips are highly welcome in Apeldoorn. A tip of 5% to 10% of the total is usually enough.
Preparing your trip to Apeldoorn: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Apeldoorn - unique sights
Queen's DayFrom the series “Most enchanting and vibrant festivals”
Check on the map: Distance from Apeldoorn center - 40.1 km.The Queen’s Day is an occasion to trade all possible things. Very often in the street markets you can buy unique antiques and works of art. The most extensive festivities are traditionally held in Amsterdam. As the city centre is overcrowded, no transport is possible there. Thousands of visitors have to walk. Plenty of interesting decorations and orange clothing, exciting street performances and markets that stretch for several kilometres are really worth visiting and enjoying. … Read further
Schokland and SurroundingsFrom the series “Top 15 UNESCO sites In Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Apeldoorn center - 48.2 km.Within a few years, the authorities decided to turn the island into a cultural center. So, the building of the old church, where the Schokland Museum is located today, was restored. Natuurlijk Schokland company is reviving lost landscapes and the architectural heritage of the island. A lot of deciduous trees were planted, old streets, and some of the buildings were restored at its expenses. There are plans to restore the old harbor and the lighthouse. Schokland has a huge national and patriotic significance for locals. The island remains a symbol of the struggle between people and the water element. … Read further
Photos of Apeldoorn
Travelling to Apeldoorn - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Apeldoorn. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.