Preparing your trip to Wroclaw: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. If you plan to rent a car, it is recommended to take into account that it’s rather difficult to find a free parking space in the city. The majority of parking lots are paid, and so you must purchase a special parking ticket before you use them. These tickets can be purchased either from special agents or in special electronic machines.
2. In addition to the national currency some restaurants and shops may accept payments in U.S. dollars. As a rule, large shopping centers and restaurants also accept paying for goods by using wire transfer.
3. Currency can be exchanged in banks and special exchange offices only. The exchange rate in them may vary significantly. Private currency exchange is considered a serious crime, so in no case should you use the services of private individuals.
4. The city is distinguished by a well-developed public transportation system. All transport has two tariffs – a day and a night one. Night rate takes effect after 23:00. As a rule, the cost of a ride increases in 2 - 3 times.
6. Do not forget to monitor your personal belongings carefully in public places. Travellers should not leave bags and outerwear unattended in any case. There is a risk of becoming a victim of pickpockets in shopping centers and markets, so you should not carry a lot of valuable things with you without any particular need.
7. A significant part of local residents can communicate quite well in English and German, so the problem of language barrier is not so noticeable in Wroclaw. Nevertheless, tourists are recommended to take a phrase book to a trip. A few phrases spoken in the native language will surely help to win respect from the locals and is a perfect manifestation of interest for other cultures.
9. Tips in small cafes and restaurants are usually about 10% of the total bill. In large dining facilities fees may be already included in the total bill. As a rule, the amount of tips rarely exceeds 12% of the total order.
Preparing your trip to Wroclaw: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Poland: travelling advices5. The Poles should be addressed with respect using words pan or pani. If you know the name or a position held, you need to add them while talking. Only relatives and close friends call each other by name.
6.Poland is a religious country. Christmas celebration is taken with all responsibility, and, therefore, it is worth to visit its large cities at this time.
7. Pickpockets can be met in busy tourist places. It’s better not to carry a large sum of money with you. The original documents should be left in hotels.
8. Telephones booths may be seen on the streets of Polish cities. To make a call, you must first buy a special card. You can do that in the news stall or at the post office. … Open
Photos of Wroclaw
Travelling to Wroclaw - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Wroclaw. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.