Preparing your trip to Lodz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local people hold in highest esteem the religion. For travelers who opt for visiting religious sights the outfit is of greatest importance. It should not be bright and revealing, women should necessarily cover their heads before entering the territory of any ecclesiastical building. Photo and video cameras are not desired in these places.
2. The city has a well developed and branched public system of transportation. One can easily cruise the city by bus, trolleybus or tram. All the stops are equipped with specialized counters selling tickets. One can buy a ticket right from the driver however at a higher cost.
3. A taxi should be taken from the specialized parking lots or called by telephone, stopping cars in the streets is not customary. The highest rates are offered by taxi cars parked in close vicinity to railroad stations and hotels.
4. You can add some tips if you like the service in restaurants and cafés. However the cash reward is not obligatory. In the upscale restaurants you should give tips up to 10% of total sum of the order. In small low-end establishments 5% tips will be quite enough. Taxi drivers and hotel maids do not take tips.
6. Lodz is a rather peace and quiet city so one can stroll through the streets safely even late at night. However the travelers should not set alone to investigate the remote areas of the city.
7. Currency exchange should be made only in special currency exchange counters as banks do not provide the service. It should be noted that on week days the currency exchange rate is rather profitable unlike weekends when the rates are rather low.
Lodz is a famous city and one of the most important industrial centers of the central Poland. If we take a look at ancient documents, we will already see the mentioning of the old … Open
9. Local people are proud of their culture. The best way to show your respect to a strange city is to learn several phrases in Polish. This will be highly appreciated by local folks.
Preparing your trip to Lodz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Photos of Lodz
Travelling to Lodz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Lodz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.