Preparing your trip to Lodz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Local people hold in highest esteem the religion. For travelers who opt for visiting religious sights the outfit is of greatest importance. It should not be bright and revealing, women should necessarily cover their heads before entering the territory of any ecclesiastical building. Photo and video cameras are not desired in these places.
2. The city has a well developed and branched public system of transportation. One can easily cruise the city by bus, trolleybus or tram. All the stops are equipped with specialized counters selling tickets. One can buy a ticket right from the driver however at a higher cost.
3. A taxi should be taken from the specialized parking lots or called by telephone, stopping cars in the streets is not customary. The highest rates are offered by taxi cars parked in close vicinity to railroad stations and hotels.
4. You can add some tips if you like the service in restaurants and cafés. However the cash reward is not obligatory. In the upscale restaurants you should give tips up to 10% of total sum of the order. In small low-end establishments 5% tips will be quite enough. Taxi drivers and hotel maids do not take tips.
6. Lodz is a rather peace and quiet city so one can stroll through the streets safely even late at night. However the travelers should not set alone to investigate the remote areas of the city.
7. Currency exchange should be made only in special currency exchange counters as banks do not provide the service. It should be noted that on week days the currency exchange rate is rather profitable unlike weekends when the rates are rather low.
Łódź will meet the travelers not only with interesting sights but also with numerous restaurants and cafes. Each gastronomic establishment treats the guests with interesting dishes and … Open
9. Local people are proud of their culture. The best way to show your respect to a strange city is to learn several phrases in Polish. This will be highly appreciated by local folks.
Preparing your trip to Lodz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
City tours, excursions and tickets in Lodz and surroundings
Poland: travelling advices2. You can exchange money for local currency at railway stations in special exchange points or in supermarkets, shopping centers, galleries, and tourist centers.
3. It’s better to move around the cities of Poland on public transport, including trams and buses. There is also a subway in Warsaw. In some cities, you pay for duration of ride.
4.Some stores in Poland are tax free, which allows to return the VAT tax when crossing a border. The cost of purchases should exceed 200 zlotys. You can receive money at the cash-desk of the return payments.
5. The Poles should be addressed with respect using words pan or pani. If you know the name or a position held, you need to add them while talking. Only relatives and close friends call each other by name. … Open
Photos of Lodz
Travelling to Lodz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Lodz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.