Preparing your trip to Sharjah: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Fans of noisy entertainment and bars have to consider that there are no nightclubs and other entertainment venues in Sharjah. You mustn’t consume alcohol at the emirate; there are no hookah cafes that are represented in abundance in many neighboring tourist areas.
2. Very strict rules apply to appearance; any extravagant and provocative clothes won’t be tolerated in Sharjah. It concerns not only ladies, but also men who are used to go for a walk in shorts.
3. Going out for shopping, be sure to learn the important local rule telling that bargaining in Sharjah is appropriate literally everywhere. Seasoned travelers recommend bargaining using a special scheme cutting half of the price named. Bargaining usually helps to reduce the price by 30 %.
4. You can go for vacation literally at any time of the year, as sunny weather reigns in Sharjah 12 months a year. Fans of excursions and hiking will feel comfortably in winter, when the air temperature is the lowest making out about 25 degrees Celsius. The hottest period is from June to August, this time the day temperature rarely drops below +40 C.
6. Shoppers are sure to be pleased with prices at local markets and shops. They are much lower than in neighboring emirates; however, the quality of goods remains at a high level.
7. In many entertainment venues and museums entrance for young children is absolutely free. Every child under the age of majority has discount on visiting cultural and recreational venues.
Your active city break in Sharjah. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Sharjah is an attractive holiday destination for those who like shopping; walks around shops are among its top attractions. The Central Market is notable, as there are more than five hundred … Open
9. Those who won’t part with a camera during vacations should be extremely careful. Taking photographs of local women is strictly prohibited; making photos of religious and cultural objects is possible only after obtaining permission from the staff.
Preparing your trip to Sharjah: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Sharjah - unique sights
At the TopFrom the series “The world’s highest observation decks”
Check on the map: Distance from Sharjah center - 21.4 km.At the Top platform is closed, but there are several open outdoor terraces for thrill-seekers and fans of outdoor activities. It's also worth noting that there is a great gift shop selling exclusive products, including gold bullions. At the Top is the most expensive lookout in the world, the entrance fee for visitors is about 110 USD. However, visitors still have a great opportunity to save money; they are recommended to book a ticket in advance (at least 30 days prior to the visit) - in this case it will cost three times cheaper. It's important to note that time of exploring At the Top isn’t limited, so you can admire the view of Dubai until the deck will be closed. … Read further
Jumeirah Emirates TowersFrom the series “The world's tallest hotels”
Check on the map: Distance from Sharjah center - 19.4 km.Panoramic glass elevators are one of the unique elements of the hotel structure, they are the favourite thing for the residents. Guests at Jumeirah Emirates Towers can enjoy a great panoramic view not only from their rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, but also from restaurants, one of them with outdoor terrace, offering magnificent views of the city. One more attraction of the Jumeirah Emirates Towers is the popular shopping centre, known as The Boulevard, to which it’s attached. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Sharjah and surroundings
Photos of Sharjah
Travelling to Sharjah - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Sharjah. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.