Preparing your trip to Sharjah: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Fans of noisy entertainment and bars have to consider that there are no nightclubs and other entertainment venues in Sharjah. You mustn’t consume alcohol at the emirate; there are no hookah cafes that are represented in abundance in many neighboring tourist areas.
2. Very strict rules apply to appearance; any extravagant and provocative clothes won’t be tolerated in Sharjah. It concerns not only ladies, but also men who are used to go for a walk in shorts.
3. Going out for shopping, be sure to learn the important local rule telling that bargaining in Sharjah is appropriate literally everywhere. Seasoned travelers recommend bargaining using a special scheme cutting half of the price named. Bargaining usually helps to reduce the price by 30 %.
4. You can go for vacation literally at any time of the year, as sunny weather reigns in Sharjah 12 months a year. Fans of excursions and hiking will feel comfortably in winter, when the air temperature is the lowest making out about 25 degrees Celsius. The hottest period is from June to August, this time the day temperature rarely drops below +40 C.
6. Shoppers are sure to be pleased with prices at local markets and shops. They are much lower than in neighboring emirates; however, the quality of goods remains at a high level.
7. In many entertainment venues and museums entrance for young children is absolutely free. Every child under the age of majority has discount on visiting cultural and recreational venues.
Sharjah is sure to be the cultural capital of the Arab world, as an incredible number of unique attractions is concentrated in the emirate. The oldest area of the emirate is Merijah; … Open
9. Those who won’t part with a camera during vacations should be extremely careful. Taking photographs of local women is strictly prohibited; making photos of religious and cultural objects is possible only after obtaining permission from the staff.
Preparing your trip to Sharjah: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Sharjah - unique sights
Jumeirah Emirates TowersFrom the series “The world's tallest hotels”
Check on the map: Distance from Sharjah center - 19 km.Panoramic glass elevators are one of the unique elements of the hotel structure, they are the favourite thing for the residents. Guests at Jumeirah Emirates Towers can enjoy a great panoramic view not only from their rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, but also from restaurants, one of them with outdoor terrace, offering magnificent views of the city. One more attraction of the Jumeirah Emirates Towers is the popular shopping centre, known as The Boulevard, to which it’s attached. … Read further
Infinity TowerFrom the series “Twisted spiral buildings and towers that are real”
Check on the map: Distance from Sharjah center - 39 km.Dubai has also an original skyscraper, attractive with its twisted form, a 76-story Infiniti Tower. The height of this original building is 309 meters, and the turn of the skyscraper is 90 degrees. The project of the building has been worked by specialists of the construction company Skidmore Owings & Merrill, which was engaged in the design of the Burj Khalifa tower. There is a skyscraper in the Marina area of Dubai. It took the specialists seven years to erect it. … Read further
Flower House in Dubai Miracle Garden ParkFrom the series “Unique living houses”
Check on the map: Distance from Sharjah center - 36 km.There is a beautiful flower park in Dubai. In the Miracle Garden, you can see one of the most amazing live houses in the world. The charming structure resembles a real fairy-tale castle. Its walls and roof are decorated with hundreds of live buds of different colors. A large part of decorations represented in the park is also made of live plants and flowers. In addition to designed flower beds, you can see a lot of amazing features here. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Sharjah and surroundings
Photos of Sharjah
Travelling to Sharjah - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Sharjah. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.