Preparing your trip to Abu Dhabi: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Make sure you have checked the calendar of religious holidays before your travel. The reason for this is that many government agencies may be closed during holidays, and restaurants and cafes suspend the sale of alcoholic beverages.
2. Jewelry should be purchased in major shopping centers only. Inexperienced travelers can purchase fake gold or gold of a lower standard in the city’s markets.
3. You should always bargain in markets. Sometimes this helps to reduce the price in several times.
4. The system of public transport is not a strong point of the city. Therefore, it is recommended to travel by taxi. You can also rent a car. As a rule, rental offices are located near major hotels.
6. In large restaurants tips are already included in the total amount of the bill. As a rule, tips estimate 10 - 15% of the bill. In the cafes and bars you can leave a similar reward to a waiter.
7. Drinking alcohol on the city’s streets is strictly forbidden. Offenders of this rule will have to pay a large fine.
Abu Dhabi is famous for its huge shopping complexes. One of the most popular is Abu Dhabi Mall. Its opening took place in 2001. Nowadays, it houses 220 shops, and more than 40 restaurants … Open
9. When you prepare for a walk in the city, we suggest taking photocopies of your documents with you. The police often conduct raids on the streets. By the way, they often work without uniform. As a rule, the majority of checks are performed close to major shopping centers, in the main squares and markets.
10. Guests are not recommended to make trips and walks during the period from 11:00 to 14:00 - the sun is the most dangerous during this time of a day.
11. While visiting markets, restaurants and other public places make sure you take all items with your right hand – this is the rule of the local etiquette. Giving money to sellers, waiters and taxi drivers should be also done with the right hand.
12. If a seller in a shop or a local resident offers to drink a cup of coffee with him, there’s no way you can refuse. It will be a sign of disrespect.
Preparing your trip to Abu Dhabi: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Abu Dhabi - unique sights
Sheikh Zayed Grand MosqueFrom the series “15 Unofficial Man-Made Wonders of the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Abu Dhabi center - 12.4 km.Literally the whole world participated in construction and design of this incredibly wonderful mosque. The best architects from the United States took part in the process. The marble for the construction was supplied by China and Italy. Luxurious trim parts were manufactured in Austria and Germany. Unlike many other mosques, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is open for free visits. All guests can take a walk through its halls, enjoy pleasant coolness in the heat of the day and admire the artistic design. It s a great experience to visit a mosque in the evening, when its facade and rooms are lit with artistic illuminations. … Read further
Ferrari WorldFrom the series “The Most Fantastic Amusement Parks in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Abu Dhabi center - 24.4 km.The attraction park is roofed and is located in the beautiful pavilion, the outline of which exactly symbolizes the Ferrari. All the pride of the entertainment complex is the fastest pneumatic roller coaster in the world - Formula Rossa, whose car reaches the speed of 240 kilometers an hour in only 4.9 seconds. There are a total of 20 diverse attractions connected to the Ferrari world: the thematic carousels, the interactive shows, the chic autogallery and even the real racing school. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Abu Dhabi and surroundings
Photos of Abu Dhabi
Travelling to Abu Dhabi - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Abu Dhabi. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.