Preparing your trip to Abu Dhabi: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Make sure you have checked the calendar of religious holidays before your travel. The reason for this is that many government agencies may be closed during holidays, and restaurants and cafes suspend the sale of alcoholic beverages.
2. Jewelry should be purchased in major shopping centers only. Inexperienced travelers can purchase fake gold or gold of a lower standard in the city’s markets.
3. You should always bargain in markets. Sometimes this helps to reduce the price in several times.
4. The system of public transport is not a strong point of the city. Therefore, it is recommended to travel by taxi. You can also rent a car. As a rule, rental offices are located near major hotels.
6. In large restaurants tips are already included in the total amount of the bill. As a rule, tips estimate 10 - 15% of the bill. In the cafes and bars you can leave a similar reward to a waiter.
7. Drinking alcohol on the city’s streets is strictly forbidden. Offenders of this rule will have to pay a large fine.
Abu Dhabi has a number of unique hotels known far beyond the country. One of those places is Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi. It occupies a large-scale modern building of unusual shape, part of which … Open
9. When you prepare for a walk in the city, we suggest taking photocopies of your documents with you. The police often conduct raids on the streets. By the way, they often work without uniform. As a rule, the majority of checks are performed close to major shopping centers, in the main squares and markets.
10. Guests are not recommended to make trips and walks during the period from 11:00 to 14:00 - the sun is the most dangerous during this time of a day.
11. While visiting markets, restaurants and other public places make sure you take all items with your right hand – this is the rule of the local etiquette. Giving money to sellers, waiters and taxi drivers should be also done with the right hand.
12. If a seller in a shop or a local resident offers to drink a cup of coffee with him, there’s no way you can refuse. It will be a sign of disrespect.
Preparing your trip to Abu Dhabi: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Abu Dhabi - unique sights
Flower Clock in Abu DhabiFrom the series “Enchanting Flower Clocks Built by Humans”
Check on the map: Distance from Abu Dhabi center - 11.9 km.All of the flowers and plants decorating the flower beds are also selected taking into account the harsh climate. Since its opening, the flower clock in Abu Dhabi is a popular tourist attraction. It is a stop for special bus tours. Some travelers get a taxi to watch the landmark. Even in the hot weather, the pleasant coolness embraces the clock. Guests of the city will have an opportunity to get on the rocks near the pond and watch the fountains, as well as to make photos of one of the most unusual live attractions of the country. … Read further
Sheikh Zayed MosqueFrom the series “Top Largest and Famous Mosques Worldwide”
Check on the map: Distance from Abu Dhabi center - 12.3 km.Inside the huge marble building at once can be up to 40 000 of people. Sheikh Zayed Mosque is a multiple champion of Guinness Book of World Records. The building is decorated with the largest carpet. It is 5 627 square meters large and was made by around 1 200 carpet knotters. In the main hall, you can see the largest chandelier in the world. It has a 10 meters diameter and 15 meters high. All chandeliers were made by a special order in Germany. They are richly decorated with millions of Swarovski crystals. The main vault of the Mosque isn’t all elements of the decoration but its luxurious inner yard made with colourful marble. … Read further
Photos of Abu Dhabi
Travelling to Abu Dhabi - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Abu Dhabi. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.