Preparing your trip to Manama: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Despite the fact that one can easily purchase alcohol in Bahrain, it must be drunk in specially designated areas only. Note that it is restricted to walk in the streets of the country with unpackaged bottles of alcohol.
2. Food and alcohol prices are quite high. Those, who want to save money on food, are recommended to move their feet to food markets. The rates in supermarkets and large shopping complexes are usually the highest.
3. All government offices and vast majority of shopping centers are closed on Fridays. Saturday is usually a working day.
4. A significant part of the local beaches are shallow, so fans of snorkeling are recommended to go to one of the local diving clubs that organize trips to the most beautiful reefs.
6. When you plan to make a walk, it is necessary to choose the most neutral outfit. Walking through the streets wearing sports or bathing suit will be definitely considered a sign of bad manners. Tourists wearing revealing outfits may simply not be allowed to enter the territory of state agencies and tour facilities.
7. The amount of tips is usually included in the total bill in the majority of the local restaurants. As a rule, the size of tips estimates 10% of the total. You are free to leave a small additional fee to a waiter and this will be always accepted with gratitude.
Some hotels in Manama are unique, so they are known not only outside of the city, but also in other countries. The Westin Bahrain City Centre situated in the same building with the largest … Open
9. In most hotels and inns the power voltage supply is 230 V, but in some accommodations and hotel complexes it can be 110V, so travellers are recommended to take a power adapter if necessary.
10. The period from October to March is the best time to make a vacation to Bahrain. However, the resort is suitable for beach rest all year round. In the hot months of a year the temperature can reach 45 degrees by Celsius, so fans of sightseeing and walking are better to refrain from travelling during summer.
11. Bahrain is considered to be a fairly quiet country, so the level of crime is quite low. Nevertheless, you should not forget to keep an eye on your own belongings in public places. There may me pickpockets in markets and shopping centers.
Preparing your trip to Manama: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Manama - unique sights
United TowerFrom the series “Twisted spiral buildings and towers that are real”
Check on the map: Distance from Manama center - 1 km.The tower has been built on a specially created artificial island, which is located in one of the bays of Bahrain. About 2.5 billion US dollars were spent on the project. According to one version, the skyscraper that mimics a huge drill cutting into the ground, is designed to remind locals and travellers about one of the main values of Bahrain - oil fields. … Read further
Photos of Manama
Travelling to Manama - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Manama. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.