Preparing your trip to Doha: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Taxi is known as the most common form of public transport. The fares in the local taxi are rather modest. The cost of a ride depends on the time of a day, night taxi service will cost two times more than in the afternoon.
2. In order to rent a car, tourists will need a driver's license of their home country and a credit card with the required amount of collateral in the account. Travelers who want to rent a car for more than ten days will need to make a temporary driving license in the local governance. It should be noted that the cost of car rental is quite low and ranges from $25 a day.
3. The period from April to May is considered the most favorable time for rest. Early autumn is also a favorable time for a trip. At this time of year prevails mostly gentle weather, and in summer months the average temperature is +35 °C.
4. Do not forget to bargain at local markets. Many sellers intentionally raise the price of products, relying on the ignorance of tourists. Tourists should also not to forget to get a sufficient number of money in small denominations. This way it will be easier to pay to sellers.
6. Doha often hosts interesting fairs and exhibitions devoted to various crafts. Tourists are advised to find out about these events and their schedule in advance. Such fairs are a great place to purchase very interesting and unique handicrafts.
7. In spite of the fact that Arabic is the official language of the country many local people can communicate in English very well. Employees in hotels, restaurants, and major shopping centers can also be proficient in several foreign languages.
Your active city break in Doha. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Beach rest remains the main entertainment for travelers. The coast has everything for comfortable and interesting pastime. Doha beaches are ideal for various outdoor activities and for … Open
9. Tourists should not forget that taking pictures of local people without their agreement is prohibited. Photography in the territory of religious sites and cultural institutions may be prohibited or allowed for an additional fee.
10. Power supply voltage is 220 V. Tourists are recommended to check all the electrical appliances which they plan to take for compatibility. Next: Shopping in Doha
Preparing your trip to Doha: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Doha - unique sights
Floating House Giancarlo ZemaFrom the series “Fancy Houses and Hotels Located on Water or Under Water”
Check on the map: Distance from Doha center - 2.8 km.It is likely that very soon there will not be enough land for all people on the ground. The futuristic houses on water will be an alternative to them, which, in terms of comfort, will not be inferior to ordinary ones. The area of the house, which in its form really resembles a nest, is 100 square meters. Among the distinctive features of its construction is a roof area of 60 square meters, which is almost entirely occupied by solar panels. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Doha and surroundings
Photos of Doha
Travelling to Doha - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Doha. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.