Preparing your trip to Doha: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Taxi is known as the most common form of public transport. The fares in the local taxi are rather modest. The cost of a ride depends on the time of a day, night taxi service will cost two times more than in the afternoon.
2. In order to rent a car, tourists will need a driver's license of their home country and a credit card with the required amount of collateral in the account. Travelers who want to rent a car for more than ten days will need to make a temporary driving license in the local governance. It should be noted that the cost of car rental is quite low and ranges from $25 a day.
3. The period from April to May is considered the most favorable time for rest. Early autumn is also a favorable time for a trip. At this time of year prevails mostly gentle weather, and in summer months the average temperature is +35 °C.
4. Do not forget to bargain at local markets. Many sellers intentionally raise the price of products, relying on the ignorance of tourists. Tourists should also not to forget to get a sufficient number of money in small denominations. This way it will be easier to pay to sellers.
6. Doha often hosts interesting fairs and exhibitions devoted to various crafts. Tourists are advised to find out about these events and their schedule in advance. Such fairs are a great place to purchase very interesting and unique handicrafts.
7. In spite of the fact that Arabic is the official language of the country many local people can communicate in English very well. Employees in hotels, restaurants, and major shopping centers can also be proficient in several foreign languages.
In Doha, everyone will find amusement to his liking. The whole family can relax in the Al Khor Park. It is a cross between a traditional amusement park, a zoo and a natural science museum. … Open
9. Tourists should not forget that taking pictures of local people without their agreement is prohibited. Photography in the territory of religious sites and cultural institutions may be prohibited or allowed for an additional fee.
10. Power supply voltage is 220 V. Tourists are recommended to check all the electrical appliances which they plan to take for compatibility.
Preparing your trip to Doha: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Doha - unique sights
Museum of Islamic ArtFrom the series “Top Surviving Artifacts of Muslim Civilization”
Check on the map: Distance from Doha center - 1.1 km.Opening of the museum took place in 2008, today it is accessible for everyone. One of the richest collections of Islamic artifacts is kept in this museum, in addition to the ancient manuscripts, visitors can see interesting textiles, including handmade carpets. In total, the museum contains more than 10,000 priceless artifacts, including paintings of famous Islamic artists. The adjoining territory of the museum also strikes with its decoration, wide palm avenue with fountains, pools and artificial waterfalls leads up to the entrance. Those, who decide to visit this most interesting cultural center, should take into account that the entrance to the museum for men and women is available at the different time. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Doha and surroundings
Photos of Doha
Travelling to Doha - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Doha. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.