Preparing your trip to Dubai: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best way to exchange currency is to use the services of private exchange offices. No additional documents are needed to make an exchange. Before you give the money you want to exchange to an office worker, make sure to check them for authenticity. If exchange office finds fake currency, it can lead to severe punishment, such as a large fine or even imprisonment.
2. Almost all major shopping centers and restaurants accept payments with credit cards of international standard. However, travellers who hope to get a discount when purchasing a product are recommended to get a sufficient amount of cash. Some markets and shops may accept U.S. dollars, but the exchange rate will be significantly undervalued.
3. Tips are not officially accepted in restaurants. They can be included in the total score only in elite institutions. However, if you want to thank an obliging waiter, you can add a small monetary reward in the amount of 10% of your order. It will be gladly accepted.
4. The attitude to drinking in Dubai is quite ambiguous. Despite the fact that every restaurant and bar serves a wide selection of beverages, their use is allowed in specially designated places only. Appearance on a street of the city in a drunken state is a violation of public order, and so in some cases such behavior can lead visitors to large fines.
6. Tourists are not allowed to photograph local people without their permission as this will be considered a sign of bad manners and disrespect. Women dressed in long black robes cannot be photographed due to religious reasons. Also, tourists are prohibited to take pictures of strategically important facilities (police stations, the city’s airport area or sea berths).
7. Do not forget to choose your clothes carefully when going for a walk. Extravagant and colorful apparel as well as too revealing clothes can cause confusion among other people. Visitors wearing too open or revealing clothes may be prohibited to enter the territory of religious sites and other attractions.
Your active city break in Dubai. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Travelers can diversify their rest by visiting wonderful entertainment venues, nightclubs, numerous markets and shopping centers. It is worth noting that in addition to nightclubs various … Open
9. The most suitable time for rest is the period from October to May. At this time of year Dubai is distinguished by most favorable weather. In summer the average temperature is around 40 degrees. This weather is perfect for beach rest, but it can ruin you excursion program.
10. Power supply voltage ranges from 220 to 240V. The majority of hotels are equipped with the standard English type sockets. Tourists can easily purchase electrical adapters in any supermarket or ask them in their hotel.
Preparing your trip to Dubai: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Dubai - unique sights
Jumeirah MosqueFrom the series “Top Largest and Famous Mosques Worldwide”
Check on the map: Distance from Dubai center - 2.6 km.Today in the mosque you can join an excursion in order to know more about Muslim culture and traditions. Those, who want to go to this Emirate’s sightseeing, have to know some crucial Muslim rules. Before you enter the mosque, take off your shoes and choose long clothes of pale colours. If you want to take a photo of the mosque, try to escape people in the picture. … Read further
Rose Rayhaan by RotanaFrom the series “The World's Tallest Hotels”
Check on the map: Distance from Dubai center - 4.5 km.The most requested are Classic suites located from the 54th to the 60th floor, 75sqm in size with panoramic views of Burj Khalifa Tower, Dubai metro station and Sheikh Zayed Road. The hotel has two restaurants and is among the first alcohol-free in Dubai. … Read further
Dubai MallFrom the series “12 Largest Shopping Centers Worldwide”
Check on the map: Distance from Dubai center - 6.1 km.A lot of tourists visit this shopping mall for buying exclusive jewelry of the highest quality in the biggest "golden market" is situated. There you will see 220 jewelry shops from the whole world. It is possible not only to buy the jewelry that fits every taste but also to order an exclusive jewelry of your own design. For vacationers with children there is a huge entertainment center KidZania. Admirers of nature will like the rest zone The Grove. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Dubai and surroundings
Photos of Dubai
Travelling to Dubai - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Dubai. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.