Preparing your trip to Dubai: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best way to exchange currency is to use the services of private exchange offices. No additional documents are needed to make an exchange. Before you give the money you want to exchange to an office worker, make sure to check them for authenticity. If exchange office finds fake currency, it can lead to severe punishment, such as a large fine or even imprisonment.
2. Almost all major shopping centers and restaurants accept payments with credit cards of international standard. However, travellers who hope to get a discount when purchasing a product are recommended to get a sufficient amount of cash. Some markets and shops may accept U.S. dollars, but the exchange rate will be significantly undervalued.
3. Tips are not officially accepted in restaurants. They can be included in the total score only in elite institutions. However, if you want to thank an obliging waiter, you can add a small monetary reward in the amount of 10% of your order. It will be gladly accepted.
4. The attitude to drinking in Dubai is quite ambiguous. Despite the fact that every restaurant and bar serves a wide selection of beverages, their use is allowed in specially designated places only. Appearance on a street of the city in a drunken state is a violation of public order, and so in some cases such behavior can lead visitors to large fines.
6. Tourists are not allowed to photograph local people without their permission as this will be considered a sign of bad manners and disrespect. Women dressed in long black robes cannot be photographed due to religious reasons. Also, tourists are prohibited to take pictures of strategically important facilities (police stations, the city’s airport area or sea berths).
7. Do not forget to choose your clothes carefully when going for a walk. Extravagant and colorful apparel as well as too revealing clothes can cause confusion among other people. Visitors wearing too open or revealing clothes may be prohibited to enter the territory of religious sites and other attractions.
Dubai is home to world-famous shopping centers. Mall of the Emirates is one of the largest in the Middle East. Among the hundreds of its shops are pavilions of the most diverse specifics and … Open
9. The most suitable time for rest is the period from October to May. At this time of year Dubai is distinguished by most favorable weather. In summer the average temperature is around 40 degrees. This weather is perfect for beach rest, but it can ruin you excursion program.
10. Power supply voltage ranges from 220 to 240V. The majority of hotels are equipped with the standard English type sockets. Tourists can easily purchase electrical adapters in any supermarket or ask them in their hotel.
Preparing your trip to Dubai: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Dubai - unique sights
Wild Wadi WaterparkFrom the series “The greatest and fanciest water parks”
Check on the map: Distance from Dubai center - 15.8 km.Wild Wadi Waterpark attracts fans of surfing, as it is equipped with several different pools with artificial waves, where you can hone your sports skills. Fans of extreme sports enjoy numerous rides, including one of the most extreme slides in the world. Jumeirah Sceirah tubes was updated in 2013. Now, sliding on it has become even faster and more exciting. … Read further
Burj Al ArabFrom the series “The world's tallest hotels”
Check on the map: Distance from Dubai center - 15.6 km.Speaking of its interior, the atrium should be mentioned. It is the tallest in the world with the height of 180 metres. The hotel offers its guests luxurous accomodations, they are 202 in number and two-level, the smallest suite is169 sqm and the largest one covers an area of 780 sqm. … Read further
SeaScape VillaFrom the series “Fancy houses and hotels located on water or under water”
Check on the map: Distance from Dubai center - 11.2 km.Floating houses have many different modifications, some of them are designed considering individual preferences of a future owner. The area of villas is from 70 to 170 square meters. In addition to usual rooms, a solarium or indoor pool can be equipped inside. It is also important to note that the SeaScape houses are absolutely environmentally friendly, they are completely constructed of natural materials and use the most modern systems of energy supply and water treatment. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Dubai and surroundings
Photos of Dubai
Travelling to Dubai - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Dubai. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.