Preparing your trip to Maastricht: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tips in local restaurants and bars are included into the amount of the bill and estimate approximately 10 - 15%. If you want to, you can leave an additional amount for a waiter. Tips are also usually given to maids, hairdressers and taxi drivers.
2. The majority of malls and shops are closed on weekends, and Monday is often considered a short working day. Weekdays’ mornings are the best time for shopping.
3. When you enter a store, a restaurant or other public facility, you should certainly welcome all people present – this is the rule of the local etiquette.
4. Do not wear fur and leather for your walk. There are many animal rights supporters in the city, so such outfit can cause many negative emotions.
6. Tourists are recommended to visit the city in February as this is the time of a grand carnival. Holidays are usually full of cultural events and fairs.
7. Public transport is the most convenient way of travelling in the city. It can get you to all famous sights and places of interest. Tickets for a ride are available from drivers. They are usually about one and a half of euros.
The majority of popular tourist shops in Maastricht are located close to Vrijthof Square. You can find many popular clothes stores with frequent sales and various promotions, as well as … Open
9. Soft drugs are best to be purchased in specialized shops. Do not buy them from street vendors for security reasons.
Preparing your trip to Maastricht: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Maastricht - unique sights
Montagne de BuerenFrom the series “Furious Footways Around the World That Make You Dizzy”
Check on the map: Distance from Maastricht center - 23.9 km.Guests of Liege, who are not lazy to walk to the end of the stairs, will have an opportunity to admire not only unique historical sights. From the historic district, a wonderful panoramic view of the Maas river opens. Walking on the stairs will be comfortable and pleasant even for those who do not like long walks. On the stairs in certain places beautiful shops were established, where you can always relax. There is a cult place of interest in Liege with the official name "Buren Mount", it was named after the nobleman Vincent de Buren, who played an important role in the defense of the city. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Maastricht and surroundings
Photos of Maastricht
Travelling to Maastricht - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Maastricht. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.