Preparing your trip to Kuwait: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tipping isn’t officially accepted, but in some larger restaurants tip may be included in the total account. If you would like to thank the helpful waiter, you can add to the bill 10% of the amount or to round it up to any convenient sum.
2. Bargaining is possible only at open markets, as bargaining has been a ritual for years and years. In stores and shopping centers commodity prices are fixed; it is also worth noting that there is no VAT in Kuwait.
3. Most shops and malls open at 8:30 - 9:00am and work until 8:00 - 9:00pm. During the day, some stores may be closed for a very long break. Thursday and Saturday are considered short working days, and on Friday almost all shops are closed.
4. Tourists, who are going to call in a lot of other countries and cities, are recommended to purchase a plastic prepaid card. It is sold in all newsstands, petrol stations and post offices. This plastic card is accepted by every payphone. Calls from conventional street payphones would be the most profitable ones.
6. Local people are very reluctant to alcoholic beverages; it is possible to consume spirits only in designated areas. The appearance in a public place while being drunk is considered a gross violation of public order, which could be followed by a heavy fine.
7. Main voltage is 220 V; three-pin sockets are most common. Required adapters can be borrowed from the hotel or purchased at any supply store.
Kuwait (El Kuwait) is the capital of Kuwait located on the southern bank of Kuwait Bay (a part of the Persian Gulf). This is the largest port of the country. The population of the city … Open
Preparing your trip to Kuwait: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Photos of Kuwait
Travelling to Kuwait - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Kuwait. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.