Preparing your trip to Bregenz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The city has a well-developed public transport system. It is easy to reach any part of Bregenz by bus. Don’t forget to buy tickets in advance. Tourists can do that in newspaper kiosks and special automats that are present close to every public transport stop.
2. It is better to call a taxi as it is problematic to hail a taxi right on the street. It is also possible to get a taxi on special stops, which are usually located close to shopping centers and governmental offices.
3. In order to rent a car, tourists will need an international driver’s permit and a credit card. In order to rent an expensive vehicle, rental offices may require several credit cards. The driver’s age must be above 21. Some rental offices have even a stricter rule – the driver must be 23 or older.
4. The majority of shops work from 8 am – 9 am to 6 pm – 7 pm. Some shopping centers serve their visitors until 9 pm. Large shopping centers accept both cash and credit cards.
6. It is recommended to exchange the money only in banks and special exchange offices. Under no condition should tourists use the services of private individuals. Prior to making an exchange, pay the attention not only to the rate but also to the amount of commission charged.
7. Despite the fact that many restaurants and cafes include a service fee in the total, tourists should leave a small extra reward to waiters. As a rule, the service fee is 5-10% of the total.
The historical part of the city is, without a doubt, the most interesting part of Bregenz for tourists. This area has many valuable historical and architectural landmarks – first buildings … Open
9. Tourists, who plan to make many excursions and use public transport a lot, should purchase the “city card”. It entitles its owner to free access to public transport and significant discounts when visiting cultural events and museums. Besides that, “city cards” are valid in numerous local restaurants and shops.
10. It is often more beneficial to visit various events in a group as there might be special discounts for them. Therefore, the best way to make excursions is together with a guide or a tourist group.
Preparing your trip to Bregenz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bregenz - unique sights
Sankt Anton ResortFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Bregenz center - 55.8 km.Apart from the professional 'black' slopes, the health resort has a mass of attractive attractions and is not only popular with freeriders, but also freeriders and party fans. The health resort is a center of the afterlife and offers the nightclubs and discos to every taste. St. Anton is one of the oldest ski resorts in the world, it was founded in 1901. … Read further
Neue Leuchtturm LighthouseFrom the series “Top 15 Most Fascinating Lighthouses”
Check on the map: Distance from Bregenz center - 7.9 km.Nowadays it is possible to visit the tower whenever you want, except nights of course. On the ground floor has placed an outstanding souvenir shop. The top of the tower was equipped with a wonderful sightseeing platform with a marvellous view of the harbour. The lighthouse "Neue Leuchtturm" is also appealing to the tourists because its whole interior was saved. Inside the tower all decorations are made from the wood. The spiral staircase that is going to the sightseeing platform is also wooden. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bregenz and surroundings
Photos of Bregenz
Travelling to Bregenz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bregenz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.