Preparing your trip to Bregenz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The city has a well-developed public transport system. It is easy to reach any part of Bregenz by bus. Don’t forget to buy tickets in advance. Tourists can do that in newspaper kiosks and special automats that are present close to every public transport stop.
2. It is better to call a taxi as it is problematic to hail a taxi right on the street. It is also possible to get a taxi on special stops, which are usually located close to shopping centers and governmental offices.
3. In order to rent a car, tourists will need an international driver’s permit and a credit card. In order to rent an expensive vehicle, rental offices may require several credit cards. The driver’s age must be above 21. Some rental offices have even a stricter rule – the driver must be 23 or older.
4. The majority of shops work from 8 am – 9 am to 6 pm – 7 pm. Some shopping centers serve their visitors until 9 pm. Large shopping centers accept both cash and credit cards.
6. It is recommended to exchange the money only in banks and special exchange offices. Under no condition should tourists use the services of private individuals. Prior to making an exchange, pay the attention not only to the rate but also to the amount of commission charged.
7. Despite the fact that many restaurants and cafes include a service fee in the total, tourists should leave a small extra reward to waiters. As a rule, the service fee is 5-10% of the total.
One of the most upscale and prestigious hotels in Bregenz is Hotel Messmer. It is just a few steps away from Lake Constance and offers travelers 80 stylish rooms, as well as a wide range of … Open
9. Tourists, who plan to make many excursions and use public transport a lot, should purchase the “city card”. It entitles its owner to free access to public transport and significant discounts when visiting cultural events and museums. Besides that, “city cards” are valid in numerous local restaurants and shops.
10. It is often more beneficial to visit various events in a group as there might be special discounts for them. Therefore, the best way to make excursions is together with a guide or a tourist group.
Preparing your trip to Bregenz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bregenz - unique sights
Neue Leuchtturm LighthouseFrom the series “Top 15 Most Fascinating Lighthouses”
Check on the map: Distance from Bregenz center - 7.9 km.The walls are decorated with outstanding handmade drawings. They tell the visitors a story of seafaring development on the Boden See. Earlier, in the 12th century, there was another lighthouse, which was quite small. In the middle of the 19th century it was decided to destroy the old lighthouse and to build the new one – Neue Leuchtturm. It has been working since 1856. Time passed, technologies had been developed and fire lightning was placed by electrician lightning. In 1936 that happened with the lighthouse and in the 1990s its systems were all automatized. Last time the lighthouse isn’t used regularly, it works only in the worst weather conditions. … Read further
Arlberg tunnelFrom the series “The Greatest Tunnels in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Bregenz center - 53.6 km.There are more than forty cameras for traffic monitoring inside the tunnel in order to ensure maximum safety of the drivers. So exceeding speed limits or making dangerous manoeuvers on the road is just useless, it will definitely be fixed. The Arlberg tunnel is a Toll Road. It costs about 9 euros. Tolls for both directions are collected at the exits, which makes the payment process simple and convenient. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bregenz and surroundings
Photos of Bregenz
Travelling to Bregenz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bregenz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.