Preparing your trip to Zurich: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The majority of banks, shops and other public institutions are from Monday till Friday. All major shopping and entertainment centers work seven days a week.
2. Zurich is notable by its excellent public transport. Tourists can easily get to any sight of the city by bus or trolley. In order to save money on travel, you can buy a special pass.
3. Taxi rates are quite low, so this type of transport can be a good alternative to buses. Prices rise only in the evening.
4. Make sure you check the compatibility of all electrical appliances you plan to take with you before the travel. The line voltage is 220V.
6. Those tourists, who expect to travel around the city a lot, are recommended to purchase Halbtax card. It provides tourists with the right to enjoy price reductions in all types of public transport. The discount can reach 50%. This card is the best choice for tourists who expect to stay in Zurich for a week or more. If your stay in the city lasts at least 6 days, Tageskarte card will be a better solution for you.
7. Despite the fact that hotels in Zurich are among the most expensive in Europe, the quality of service deserves the highest praise. Tourists, who are accustomed to luxury, can safely book a room in a three-star hotel - the level of service it will be up to par.
Start your excursion program in Zurich by visiting the local zoo – one of the most unusual and popular in the world. You will not find typical cages in Zurich Zoo as all animals live in … Open
Preparing your trip to Zurich: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Zurich - unique sights
Flower Clock in ZurichFrom the series “Enchanting Flower Clocks Built by Humans”
Check on the map: Distance from Zurich center - 24 km.Visiting the flower clock in Zurich promises to be a memorable and romantic adventure. The fact is that in warmer months you can rent a boat or a ship and make a nice boat trip along the waterfront. Budget travelers and backpackers are limited with spectacular commemorative photos in front of the bright flowerbed. … Read further
Schloss HallwylFrom the series “Impressive Castles and Palaces Located on Water”
Check on the map: Distance from Zurich center - 27.2 km.Many of the buildings and rooms of the castle were modernized, but some still retain the historic atmosphere. The original round tower, on whose summit one can ascend on the steep spiral staircase, remains equally unchanging. Next to the tower is the ancient house, where the interiors of the previous centuries have been preserved. Tourists who want to see the historical sights in detail should take into consideration that the Hallwyl Castle is open for the visit only in the period from April to October. … Read further
SternensauserFrom the series “The Longest Ski-Lifts and Cable Trams in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Zurich center - 43.4 km.Sternensauser is about 2 kilometers, so it’s the longest aerial runway of its kind on the planet. Driving upside down has been originally conceived as a fun ride. Experienced travelers say that trip by zip-line is no less impressive than parajumping and a feeling of free flight simply unique. It’s also worth mentioning that Sternensauser is available in summer only. The fare is about 70 Swiss francs. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Zurich and surroundings
Photos of Zurich
Travelling to Zurich - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Zurich. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.