Preparing your trip to Sankt Moritz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The skiing season on the resort starts in November. Some of the slopes and runs get well preserved till the beginning of May. Tourists may use a convenient system of elevators cruising all the skiing area of the resort.
2. The resort visitors may opt for several types of Skipass. Eager skiers can buy the pass of various types being valid through different periods. A pass may be valid as through a day so through two weeks. Children under 17 years old are provided discounts.
3. The territory of the resort features numerous renting centers offering all necessary sports equipment. Tourists are as well recommended to visit local sports stores offering equipment and gears of leading sport brands of the world.
4. Visiting one of the local skiing schools will be of great interest for amateur skiers. An average duration of a single group training is about three hours. Tourists may opt as well for private tutorials. The more tutorials a skier will take the lower the price of a single private tutorial will be.
6. Tips are welcome in any establishment of the resort town. Almost all the restaurants of the destination include service fee into a total sum. As a rule the amount of tips does not exceed 15% of a total cost of the order. Even if a service fee is already included into a total bill a waiter should nevertheless be cash rewarded. Rounding up of a bill sum to any convenient amount will be quite enough.
7. National currency is an optimum way to pay for goods and services. Tourists do not need to keep substantial sums of cash by themselves as the resort town has adopted a system of cashless transfers. However tourists are recommended to specify in advance the type of credit cards accepted on the resort.
St. Moritz is a resort town with a rich and inspiring cultural life. Almost every week the town holds various engaging sport events and bright fests. The town of St. Moritz has become an … Open
Preparing your trip to Sankt Moritz: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Sankt Moritz - unique sights
Stelvio PassFrom the series “Most Spectacular Mountain Roads”
Check on the map: Distance from Sankt Moritz center - 47.5 km.The Italian Government is very concerned about the safety of drivers, so the track Stelvio Pass has been upgraded over the past few years. Beside the hairpin bends, the angle of which can reach 180 degrees, were built the so-called small "pockets" - descents that allow you to skip the oncoming car and make travelling on the road more comfortable. The Stelvio Pass road designed by the renowned engineer Carlo Donegani is a landmark of world importance nowadays and is one of the most mountainous trails of the planet. The road with many steep turns attracts both motorists and cyclists. Moving along it on two-wheeled transport is also very interesting. … Read further
Santa Caterina ValfurvaFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Sankt Moritz center - 51.3 km.The difficult descent with a lot of steep slopes is considered one of the most dangerous in Italy. There are two interesting 'black' pistes - Adler and Bucaneve. The tiny spa town of Santa Caterina Valfurva is situated in the wonderfully beautiful area of the Stelvio National Park. From all sides the spa town is surrounded by picturesque forests, which are incredibly interesting for the winter ski tours. In the summer these spots are found as for hiking and cycling. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Sankt Moritz and surroundings
Photos of Sankt Moritz
Travelling to Sankt Moritz - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Sankt Moritz. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.