Preparing your trip to Groningen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The most beneficial way to make calls to other cities and countries is to use special telephones that can be found on every street of the city. You will need to use special plastic cards to pay for your calls. As a rule, these cards can be conveniently purchased at any newsstand. Sometimes you can see machines that accept payments by coins.
2. The majority of shops and trading centers open at 9:00 and work until 18:00. Saturday is usually a short working day, so small shops can close at 16:00. As a rule, only large supermarkets and shopping malls work on Sunday.
3. Bicycle is the most common type of transportation in Groningen. Such a number of cyclists can hardly be seen in any other city of the country. Virtually the entire central part of the city is dedicated to bikes. There are also special bike lanes near all main transport routes.
4. Travelers, who expect to rent a car, will need a driving license of the international class, as well as a credit card for deposit purpose. Motorists should take into account that some streets in the center of the city may be closed for vehicles.
6. Bus is known as the main form of public transport. You can use it to get not only to all parts of the city, but also to the city’s suburbs. Tourists who arrive in Groningen for the first time are recommended to buy a city map that depicts all main public transport routes.
7. Service charges are already included in the total bill in the majority of restaurants. As a rule, the amount of service charges is 10 - 15% of the total due sum. Taxi drivers should also be awarded with a small cash reward. 10% of the amount will be sufficient.
In Groningen even most demanding gourmets will easily find a place to eat. The city is home to more than a hundred of different restaurants, each of which will surely please guests with its … Open
9. Fans of nightlife should go for a walk to the central area of the city, which is home to numerous entertainment venues, restaurants and bars.
10. In the evening you can walk safely in the city center only, because there are always many people despite the time of day. Exploring remote areas of Groningen is better to be done together with a guide.
Preparing your trip to Groningen: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Netherlands: travelling advices7. In large cities, pocket thefts are quite often. Tourists should be especially attentive in trains and trams.
8. The dense cyclist traffic is typical for the streets of Amsterdam and other big cities. The bicycle lanes are highlighted with a special color. It’s forbidden to walk on them.
9. Fans of photography should also be careful in the Netherlands, especially in the streets of the red light district. Guards can easily break the camera, so you need to pay attention to the prohibitory signs.
10. Public transport is very expensive in Amsterdam. There is only paid parking. The city is famous not only for its rich nightlife, but also for its luxurious architecture. Hiking will help to save the budget and get an unforgettable experience. … Open
Photos of Groningen
Travelling to Groningen - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Groningen. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.