Preparing your trip to Tel Aviv: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1.You can travel Tel Aviv at any time of the year, as the city has a very pleasant climate. Most vacationers visit it during the period from early May to mid-October; at this time the average daily temperature is about 27 degrees Celsius.
2. The city has excellent public transport; you can travel through its territory by buses and taxi. Public transport runs through the streets from 5:00 am to midnight. Tickets are purchased on the main bus station or directly from the driver.
3. Bus routes 18 and 5 are the most popular among tourists; they pass through the main streets of the city and cover a majority of main shopping centers, markets and attractions.
4. Thrifty travelers and those who prefer to stay in budget places have to pay attention to the hotels located in the southern part of the city. Lots of affordable hotels are also located in the immediate vicinity of Tel Aviv; it is quite easy to get there from the city center.
6. It’s most profitable to pay for goods and services with national currency; sometimes markets can take a foreign currency, but at extremely disadvantageous exchange rate. Money can be exchanged at banks, exchange offices and specialized post offices.
7. Local residents treat foreigners in a friendly and welcoming way. Before asking a question, be sure to say hello. In public places and markets you would be greeted with a radiant smile, it’s common to return the smile back.
There are many restaurants in Tel Aviv that are known far beyond the country. One of these dining places is the Ali Karavan restaurant specializing in Middle Eastern cuisine. Despite the … Open
9. It’s definitely worth to bargain at markets and in small private shops, as sometimes it helps reduce the item’s price several times.
Preparing your trip to Tel Aviv: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Tel Aviv - unique sights
Mini IsraelFrom the series “Famous Miniature Museums of Architectural Objects and Cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Tel Aviv center - 16.8 km.Especially for the arrangement of the park, special varieties of miniature plants have been brought out by the best gardeners of the planet. They are exact copies of plants and trees that can be seen in certain areas of the country.There are about 70000 unique plants in the park. Presented in the park, plants are very whimsical and a care for them is no less difficult than creating amazing mock-ups. Specifically for plant care a special irrigation system has been created in the park, the total length of its water channels is 50 km. … Read further
Well of JacobFrom the series “The Surviving Artifacts of Jewish Civilization”
Check on the map: Distance from Tel Aviv center - 19.8 km.Subsequently, the building was repeatedly destroyed and rebuilt again in the course of military conflicts. The church, which contemporaries can visit today, was built in 1860. The facility itself is as amazing, as the shrine hidden in its walls. Premises are decorated with many beautiful canvases depicting biblical motifs, artful murals and numerous priceless artifacts dating back for hundreds of years. Those who decide to visit the ancient Greek church, have to consider that it’s officially banned to make photos inside. That can be done only with the prior consent of the abbot. … Read further
Caesarea TheaterFrom the series “Ancient Amphitheaters and Arenas, That Are Still Operational”
Check on the map: Distance from Tel Aviv center - 49.7 km.Caesarea is remarkable not only for its wonderful amphitheater. In the immediate vicinity of the main attraction of the city there are many other historical buildings. Archaeologists have discovered sites of ancient temples, Roman baths and ruins of once luxurious palaces, as well as an ancient race track, which also hosted the most spectacular events. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Tel Aviv and surroundings
Photos of Tel Aviv
Travelling to Tel Aviv - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Tel Aviv. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.