Preparing your trip to Netanya: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Netanya has a pleasant mild climate, so you can go on vacation at any time of the year. Even in January, the air temperature does not fall below +15 ºC. The water on local beaches remains comfortable for swimming in wintertime.
2. Active tourists should take into account that most of the rainfall comes in winter. If you don't want rains to ruin your sightseeing program, try not to plan a trip for the winter season.
3. It is also worth noting that Netanya has a very humid climate. Humidity reaches its highest values in summer, which, coupled with high air temperature, is not very comfortable.
4. All the local beaches have specially equipped areas with sun loungers and changing cabins. The coast here is sandy, so you can rest comfortably without any beach equipment.
6. The best choice for water sports enthusiasts is Amphi Beach. It has the largest sports center in the resort where you can rent all the necessary equipment and order any activities you like.
7. Netanya's most popular and expensive hotels are located near the coast. A better option for budget tourists is hotels and apartments located away from the beaches - they offer much more affordable prices.
9. For shopping enthusiasts, the most popular walking areas are Kiryat Sapir and Poleg. These two accommodate large shopping centers and shops where big sales are held several times a year.
10. Many people go to the markets in search of interesting souvenirs. Here they can buy not only handicrafts but also popular sweets, as well as spice sets at very attractive prices.
11. Bargaining is a must at markets and in small private stores - it's a kind of tradition. Here you buy goods at fixed prices only in shopping malls and large stores.
12. Ladies should pay attention to locally produced cosmetics famous for its high quality. Cosmetics based on mud and brine from the Dead Sea is especially popular.
13. The city can offer excellent jewelry stores delighting customers with a huge selection of gold products. Jewelry made by local craftsmen is not only well-worked but also pretty affordable.
14. There is no international airport in Netanya, so tourists get here through Haifa or Tel Aviv. From the nearest airports, the city can be reached by public transport or taxi.
15. Buses depart to neighboring towns from Netanya's large bus station every day. Active tourists will have the opportunity to freely travel around the city and the surrounding area.
Preparing your trip to Netanya: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Netanya - unique sights
Well of JacobFrom the series “The Surviving Artifacts of Jewish Civilization”
Check on the map: Distance from Netanya center - 14.8 km.Subsequently, the building was repeatedly destroyed and rebuilt again in the course of military conflicts. The church, which contemporaries can visit today, was built in 1860. The facility itself is as amazing, as the shrine hidden in its walls. Premises are decorated with many beautiful canvases depicting biblical motifs, artful murals and numerous priceless artifacts dating back for hundreds of years. Those who decide to visit the ancient Greek church, have to consider that it’s officially banned to make photos inside. That can be done only with the prior consent of the abbot. … Read further
Caesarea TheaterFrom the series “Ancient Amphitheaters and Arenas, That Are Still Operational”
Check on the map: Distance from Netanya center - 18.9 km.Caesarea is remarkable not only for its wonderful amphitheater. In the immediate vicinity of the main attraction of the city there are many other historical buildings. Archaeologists have discovered sites of ancient temples, Roman baths and ruins of once luxurious palaces, as well as an ancient race track, which also hosted the most spectacular events. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Netanya and surroundings
Photos of Netanya
Travelling to Netanya - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Netanya. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.