Preparing your trip to Haifa: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1.Tourists can import and export foreign currency without any restrictions. The national currency should be used to pay for goods and services; it can be exchanged at any local bank. Some hotels offer services of currency exchange too.
2. Those who expect to go for holiday with pets are kindly requested to prepare all the necessary veterinary documentation. The term of validity of certain certificates is limited, so don’t get them earlier than six weeks before your trip.
3. Shoppers should be aware that all items are subject to 17 % VAT. Some stores give foreign buyers special checks to reclaim VAT departing from the country. Be sure to specify in advance whether this service exists in the actual shopping mall.
4. Sabbath is a common day off; it begins at Friday evening and ends on Saturday evening. At that time, government agencies, much of the shops and public transport don’t work.
6. The best time to have vacations here is the period from April to October, as during this period rain is rare. Going on a trip, travelers are advised to bring comfortable and practical clothes, as it would be good for sightseeing and exploring many natural attractions.
7. It is customary to leave a tip for a good service in restaurants; about 10% of the total amount would be sufficient. Keep small cash reward, about 1 USD, for a maid and a porter in the hotel.
Haifa is the modern prosperous city; in the last 50 years its population has increased more than twice. Each area of the city is of great interest for travelers and boasts an abundance … Open
9. At any time of the day taxi service is available for vacationers; you can call the car by phone or stop it on the street. It's worth noting that in the period from 9:00 pm to 5:30 am the night-time tariff is used, so the trip will cost about 25% more than during the day.
Preparing your trip to Haifa: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Haifa - unique sights
Atlit-YamFrom the series “Famous Sunken Towns”
Check on the map: Distance from Haifa center - 2.6 km.The main mystery of Atlit-Yam ruins is the cause of flooding. Many researchers are inclined to believe that the village has gradually went under water due to melting glaciers and expanding boundaries of the oceans, while others attribute it to a sudden tsunami. Given that the underwater artifact was discovered quite recently, in 1984, and studies are at an early stage, many important discoveries are waiting for scientists. … Read further
Caesarea TheaterFrom the series “Ancient Amphitheaters and Arenas, That Are Still Operational”
Check on the map: Distance from Haifa center - 36.1 km.Caesarea is remarkable not only for its wonderful amphitheater. In the immediate vicinity of the main attraction of the city there are many other historical buildings. Archaeologists have discovered sites of ancient temples, Roman baths and ruins of once luxurious palaces, as well as an ancient race track, which also hosted the most spectacular events. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Haifa and surroundings
Photos of Haifa
Travelling to Haifa - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Haifa. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.