Preparing your trip to Lugano: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The main transportation means of the city is a bus. Tickets should be bought in advance in specialized POS terminals, set in the bus stops. The prudent tourists should better buy a day travel pass for telling economy.
2. The only available transport at night is taxi. The car can be either called by phone or taken from a specialized taxi parking lot. Stopping a car in the street is not customary. Even in case of cruising the car will not stop. Despite of every taxi car being equipped with a counter the cost of the trip should better be specified in advance.
3. It is rather convenient to cruise the city by bicycle. Also the cycling tours through piedmont areas are popular among tourists. The best two-wheel transport rental centers are considered to be SFR Railway Station Lugano and Balmelli Sport.
4. Tourists are strongly recommended to go shopping backed with national currency. Currency exchange is available in one of the local banks or in the private currency exchange offices. The currency exchange offices located on the territory of the hotels or in close vicinity to hotels and inns should better be avoided as these offer the most unfavorable exchange rates.
6. Restaurants and cafés have adopted the tipping system. In some upscale establishments the tips are included in the tab. For medium scale restaurants the 10% tipping is quite enough. In the eating houses and cheap cafes one can round up the sum and add 5% of tipping.
7. Many of Lugano entertaining places are seasonal and are open only in warm season. Thus, in summer one can find various open air dance floors and outdoor bars.
The best gastronomy landmark of Lugano is the Principe Leopoldo restaurant. Its chef is a genuine wizard of gastronomic art. Each day the restaurant is visited by hundreds of attached guests … Open
9. Setting off for a walk one should have a copy of an ID document. It should be authenticated in the hotel meanwhile the document in original as well as valuable things should be kept in safe in the hotel room.
Preparing your trip to Lugano: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Lugano - unique sights
Toilet at Dolce Gabbana GoldFrom the series “Public Toilets, Who Makes it Extravagant”
Check on the map: Distance from Lugano center - 62 km.The tourists, who travel in the footsteps of the world-wide celebrities, must take into account that the restaurant is demanded by the world-famous cinema and music stars. The most elegant toilet in Italy has been visited by Gisele Bündchen, Kylie Minogue, Paris Hilton and many other celebrities. Many travelers go to the restaurant especially to sit at the next table with the favorite actor or musician. Dolce & Gabbana Gold is one of the few places in the world, where you can meet the famous actors and musicians even in the WC. … Read further
Contra DamFrom the series “The Greatest Dams in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Lugano center - 23.7 km.'The role' of the dam in the film was quite impressive. The agent 007 jumped from Contra Dam, when hundreds of thousands of fans came to this area. Since then, thousands of people strive to repeat the leap of the agent. The dam serves as a place for Bunjee Jumping. Contra Dam is also known among the fans of the other film - Dhoom 3. This was one of the most exciting moments of culminating. The tourists, who are not ready for such breathtaking entertainments, have a wide range of excursions. During the hike through the most beautiful places, you can learn about the history of the dam building and its peculiarities. … Read further
Crespi d AddaFrom the series “16 Most Fascinating Objects of Unesco in Italy”
Check on the map: Distance from Lugano center - 62.9 km.In Lombardy, you can find an outstanding historical Crespi d'Adda village. All the territory is inscribed in the UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites. Crespi d'Adda is an unusual factory village that was founded at the turn of XXth century. Cristoforo Benigno Crespi, a textile manufacturer from Busto Arsizio, bought the valley between the rivers Brembo and Adda, with the intention of installing a cotton mill on the banks of the Adda. Then there were built the factory and houses for workers. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Lugano and surroundings
Photos of Lugano
Travelling to Lugano - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Lugano. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.