Preparing your trip to Lugano: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The main transportation means of the city is a bus. Tickets should be bought in advance in specialized POS terminals, set in the bus stops. The prudent tourists should better buy a day travel pass for telling economy.
2. The only available transport at night is taxi. The car can be either called by phone or taken from a specialized taxi parking lot. Stopping a car in the street is not customary. Even in case of cruising the car will not stop. Despite of every taxi car being equipped with a counter the cost of the trip should better be specified in advance.
3. It is rather convenient to cruise the city by bicycle. Also the cycling tours through piedmont areas are popular among tourists. The best two-wheel transport rental centers are considered to be SFR Railway Station Lugano and Balmelli Sport.
4. Tourists are strongly recommended to go shopping backed with national currency. Currency exchange is available in one of the local banks or in the private currency exchange offices. The currency exchange offices located on the territory of the hotels or in close vicinity to hotels and inns should better be avoided as these offer the most unfavorable exchange rates.
6. Restaurants and cafés have adopted the tipping system. In some upscale establishments the tips are included in the tab. For medium scale restaurants the 10% tipping is quite enough. In the eating houses and cheap cafes one can round up the sum and add 5% of tipping.
7. Many of Lugano entertaining places are seasonal and are open only in warm season. Thus, in summer one can find various open air dance floors and outdoor bars.
The best gastronomy landmark of Lugano is the Principe Leopoldo restaurant. Its chef is a genuine wizard of gastronomic art. Each day the restaurant is visited by hundreds of attached guests … Open
9. Setting off for a walk one should have a copy of an ID document. It should be authenticated in the hotel meanwhile the document in original as well as valuable things should be kept in safe in the hotel room.
Preparing your trip to Lugano: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Lugano - unique sights
Verzasca DamFrom the series “Thrilling Points for Bungee Jumping”
Check on the map: Distance from Lugano center - 23.7 km.In recent years, the jump price is around 255 Swiss francs at the time of the day. Tourists who want to jump in the night will pay a bit more. Verzasca is considered to be the purest river on Earth. The water is so pure that the view can reach 15 meters. This remarkable area is fabulous, especially in the spring, when the hills surrounding the river are lush with vegetation and flowers. … Read further
Borromeo PalaceFrom the series “The Most Wonderful Castles and Palaces”
Check on the map: Distance from Lugano center - 36 km.A unique feature of the beautiful palace, hidden behind its unobtrusive walls, is the unique interiors, which include the rare marble and wood varieties, gold and precious stones. Throne Hall is considered to be the most magnificent, and in the Gobelinsaal you can see the unique masterpieces of Flemish art embroidered with gold. On the lower floor of the building are the unique shell caves decorated with the natural stalactites and shells of the whimsical forms. Isola Bella Island and the wonderful Palace have served as a venue for classical music concerts for several years. … Read further
Church of Santa Maria delle GrazieFrom the series “Top 15 Unesco Sites in Europe”
Check on the map: Distance from Lugano center - 61.5 km.Over the past decades, the main church in Milan has remained a popular tourist attraction. The queue of those wishing to see the legendary frescoes doesn’t vanish, so it’s recommended to sign up for a tour several days in advance. Anyone who wishes to see the legendary fresco by Leonardo da Vinci, will have to undergo a special procedure. An outerwear has to be cleaned from the dirt using a dedicated gadget. Only after that, you can take a look at the amazing work of art. However, visitors can not admire it for more than 15 minutes. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Lugano and surroundings
Photos of Lugano
Travelling to Lugano - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Lugano. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.