Preparing your trip to Locarno: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Setting off to the local restaurants one should take into account some of the important points. The tips are given to a waiter only in case if these are not included into the total sum. The cash reward should not accede 10% of total order sum and the tips should be given only after the waiter brings the change.
2. All the wholesale marts and shopping accept center credit cards. The system of cashless transfers spreads over the restaurants and refueling stations as well. Withdrawing cash from the card is a real challenge as the ATMs are placed only in the top banks areas.
3. Prudent tourists apart from numerous restaurants and cafés should also pay attention to cookeries and gastronomies placed around the major shopping centers. There one can buy take away hot pastry and salads. The quality of foods in such establishments is still extremely high.
4. The tours are advised to be taken in groups as in this case the tickets will cost much less. Travelers who want to visit the major city landmarks and check out the entertaining program of the city should visit one of the tourist information centers.
6. The weather in Locarno is rather unpredictable, that is why warm clothing is a must even during warm season if you are setting to this touristic destination. Setting off to a long trip you should better take an umbrella as a threat of rain is rather high even in clear sky.
7. The city has a developed and branched public system of transportation. One can get by bus to any borough of the city as well as simply cruise the suburbs of Locarno. The only transport available at night is taxi which is better to be called for by phone. You should take into account that giving tips to the taxi driver is not customary in the city.
Your active city break in Locarno. Attractions, recreation and entertainment - best places to spend your day and night here
Locarno is a good chance for active leisure enthusiasts. The city boasts scenic natural areas, a variety of entertainment centers and shops. Travelers eager to view the natural landmarks of … Open
9. Experienced travelers advise to exchange the currency before entering the country as the city lacks currency exchange counters and the exchange rates offered there are not the most profitable ones. Some boutiques and souvenir stores accept US dollars however national currency is the most profitable way of payments.
Preparing your trip to Locarno: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Locarno - unique sights
Borromeo PalaceFrom the series “The Most Wonderful Castles and Palaces”
Check on the map: Distance from Locarno center - 36.7 km.On the Italian island of Isola-Bella is the beautiful Palace Borromeo, whose design is uniquely beautiful and impressive. The beautiful baroque palace, built in the 16th century, is located on the almost entire territory of the tiny island and forms a unified complex with the incredibly beautiful park zone. The palace was ordered by King Charles III. Who gave the chic building on the tiny uninhabited island of his wife Izabelle. … Read further
Verzasca DamFrom the series “Thrilling Points for Bungee Jumping”
Check on the map: Distance from Locarno center - 5.2 km.For the Bungee jumpers the dam was converted in Switzerland Verzasca dam. Guests of the unusual attraction can jump from the height of 220 meters. The history of the emergence of the popular attraction on the embankment of the Verzasca river is very interesting. While filming the film 'Agent 007', the director Martin Campbell has selected this dam for shooting on one of the episodes. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Locarno and surroundings
Photos of Locarno
Travelling to Locarno - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Locarno. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.