Preparing your trip to Calgary: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists should stock up with the national currency for shopping because foreign currencies, including U.S. dollars, are not very trusted here. Some sellers in open air markets and private stores can accept foreign currency, but usually at a very unfavorable exchange rate.
2. Money can be exchanged in banks and specialized exchange offices. Tourists should abandon the services of private individuals who offer to make an exchange. It is also worth noting that payments by credit cards have become very widespread in Calgary, so tourists do not need to carry large amounts of cash.
3. Tourists, who plan to devote much time to shopping, are recommended to ask sellers to issue special checks at the time of a purchase. These checks will entitle tourists to a tax refund when they leave the country.
4. Tobacco and alcohol are sold in specialty stores only. Ordinary supermarkets sell low alcohol drinks only. There are tariffs of two types on cigarettes and alcohol - a day and night one. In some trading pavilions these tariffs can vary widely.
6. When going out, tourists are recommended to take a minimal number of valuable items. There can be pickpockets in crowded places, so travellers always need to be vigilant. Bags and outwear should also not be left unattended.
7. There are special areas for picnics in numerous parks and reserves. Before you settle on the selected zone, you should specify in advance whether this particular zone is allowed for campfires and tents.
Discovering the architecture of Calgary from bird's eye view! Calgary Tower, Olympic Oval, Talisman Centre, City Hall, Glenbow Museum, SAIT Heritage Hall, Scotia Centre, all those monuments are defining the image of Calgary … Open
9. Power supply voltage is 110V. The local hotels are equipped with standard American type wall sockets. Therefore, work of some electrical appliances is possible only with special adapters and connectors, so tourists are recommended to check their appliances for compatibility in advance.
Preparing your trip to Calgary: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Calgary - unique sights
Delirium Dive Ski SlopeFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Calgary center - 117.4 km.Not only the numerous sharp curves, but also the high avalanche probability significantly complicate the descent. On the slopes daily has the ski service. Despite this precautions, you can only ski with the special avalanche sensors. On the summit, before the descent, one can scarcely surmise the coming obstacles. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Calgary and surroundings
Photos of Calgary
Travelling to Calgary - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Calgary. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.