Preparing your trip to Vancouver: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers should keep in mind that any import of dairy and meat products is prohibited. You also cannot take to the country certain types of medications, as well as plants and silver coins, which amount is more than five dollars.
2. Most shops and shopping centers are open for visitors from 10:00 to 18:00. Sunday is usually a day off. Large shopping centers can work until 21:00.
3. Government institutions usually work from 10:00 to 17:00. Friday is considered a long working day, so the majority of banks and post offices are open until 18:00.
4. Currency can be exchanged in banks or special exchange offices, which can be easily found in any district of the city. As a rule, exchange offices located in hotels and near the train station offer the most unfavorable exchange rate.
6. The most advantageous way to make phone calls to other cities and countries is to use special phone tubes that can be found close to all major shopping centers and public transport stops. These machines accept credit cards of international standard, special phone cards or coins as a payment method.
7. The city can be truly proud of its excellent public transport system. As a rule, buses ply between the streets of the city from 5 am until late at night. Public transport tickets may be purchased in special kiosks, which are located next to each traffic stop. These kiosks also provide free maps of public transport routes.
Vancouver is a wonderful city for a family holiday, where entertainment can be found for the youngest and for teenagers. To begin acquaintance with the city is best from the local Vancouver … Open
9. Do not forget to leave tips in cafes and restaurants of the city. As a rule, the usual amount of tips is 10 - 15% of the total bill. When you use the services of taxi, you can also round off the due sum in a big way to the nearest convenient amount.
10. Power supply voltage is 120V, so you may need a special adapter in order to use certain appliances.
11. Local people are very careful to environment, so travelers should also follow the local rules. Do not leave garbage in the wrong place as you will be eligible to a large fine. In parks picnics can only be made in specially designated areas.
Preparing your trip to Vancouver: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Vancouver - unique sights
Capilano Suspension BridgeFrom the series “The Most Dangerous Bridges in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Vancouver center - 10.5 km.The very first bridge was built in 1889; the project was developed by the Scottish engineer George Grant Mackay. The bridge, where tourists can walk today, has been opened in 1956. Its length is 136 meters; the structure is safe and can withstand the weight of the 96 elephants at the same time. Despite the guarantee of security, getting over the bridge still requires stiff upper lip. The construction is situated at a great height and resonates significantly during walking. Even a few seconds on the bridge can trigger an attack of vertigo and panic among people who have fear of heights. It’s also worth noting that the Capilano Suspension Bridge is privately owned, so it is paid. Every year, this unique attraction is visited by about 900,000 tourists. There are many attractions and entertainment options in the national park next to the bridge. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Vancouver and surroundings
Photos of Vancouver
Travelling to Vancouver - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Vancouver. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.