Preparing your trip to Brussels: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Weather is rather rainy in Brussels, so tourists, who plan to make long walks, are recommended to take a raincoat or an umbrella with them.
2. Summer is considered the best time to travel to Brussels. The temperature here rarely exceeds +18°C, and rains are quite rare during this period, so nothing will break your recreation program.
3. If elegant clothing and perfumes are your aim, move your feet to shopping centers located on Waterloo and Louise Streets. These parts of the city are known as the location of elite boutiques and jewelry stores.
4. Products made of crystal, chocolate and lace will become best souvenirs. Connoisseurs of expensive alcoholic beverages may purchase local gin as a souvenir.
6. Currency can be exchanged at banks or special exchange offices. As a rule, banks are closed during the day for lunch. Saturday and Sunday are also days off. Currency exchange offices are more likely to work on weekends and during lunch breaks.
7. Tourists are recommended to be vigilant in crowded places. Despite the fact that Brussels is one of the safest cities of the country, there may be pickpockets in public transport and at markets. Do not leave belongings unattended at restaurants and cafes. We also do not recommend taking large amounts of money with you unless it’s necessary.
In Brussels, there are many prospects for an unforgettable holiday with children. Upon arrival, many travellers prefer to visit Brussels Aquarium. This is a place, where they will be able to … Open
Preparing your trip to Brussels: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Brussels - unique sights
Celebrities Underwear MuseumFrom the series “Strange, Weird and Unusual Museums Amusing its Visitors”
Check on the map: Distance from Brussels center - 1.3 km.All collages presented in the museum are humorous and charming. One of the best collages is, according to the opinion of the museum founder, the collage depicting Nicolas Sarkozy. The talented painter does not want to stand still. He aims to expand the collection of the original museum and to prove to his guests that 'face to face all underwear are the same.' … Read further
Dinner In The SkyFrom the series “The Most Exotic Restaurants in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Brussels center - 4 km.Despite the impressively high prices, the restaurant has never lacked the customer. To book the platform for a few hours, you must pay at least 20,000 US Dollars. On a special order, a platform next door can be raised, on which the piano is set up. The more frugal guests can dine with the violin. The second most populous restaurant of the network is in Vienna and was opened a few years ago. Dinner in the Sky is an excellent restaurant for those travelers who want to get hungry after new impressions and change their everyday life. … Read further
Mini-EuropeFrom the series “Famous Miniature Museums of Architectural Objects and Cities”
Check on the map: Distance from Brussels center - 5.7 km.The park is famous not only for its variety of realistic miniatures, but also for its amazing landscape decorations. At its registration, beautiful lawn, various dwarf trees and bushes have been used. Enjoy this beauty is best of all in summer. According to approximate estimates, the Mini Europe miniature park is visited by about 375000 people annually. The annual income of the park is about three million euros. As a rule, tourists spend at least two hours on sightseeing. The park can be visited from early March to early January. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Brussels and surroundings
Photos of Brussels
Travelling to Brussels - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Brussels. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.