Preparing your trip to Tokyo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. The best way to move around the city is subway. This will not only help you to save money, but also will help to avoid traffic jams. We suggest purchasing subway map that will you’re your travel around the city even easier.
2. Handshaking and any other physical contact during the greeting are not accepted among the local residents. Nodding replaces all forms of greetings usual for Europeans.
3. Local people appreciate punctuality, so you simply cannot be late for a meeting. When you plan to visit someone’s home, you must buy small gifts for the hosts - this is the custom.
4. Before entering a house or a temple you should definitely take your shoes off.
6. You should be especially careful when crossing streets in Tokyo since here is established left driving.
7. Local restaurants are a wonderful place where you can order various delicacies at very low prices. Many seafood types, which are considered exotic in European restaurants, are a daily meal in Tokyo.
Preparing your trip to Tokyo: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Tokyo - unique sights
Nakagin Capsule TowerFrom the series “The Most Bizarre and Fancy Living Houses”
Check on the map: Distance from Tokyo center - 1.4 km.The unique residential complex is found for those city dwellers who can not afford the typical apartment. However, the original building also has some disadvantages. Asbestos was used in the construction of the towers, whose negative influence on health has long been confirmed by scientists from around the world. In the year 2007 the question about reconstruction of the residential complex was rolled up for the first time. At present, the project of its global conversion is being developed. … Read further
Cannibalistic Sushi RestaurantFrom the series “The Most Exotic Restaurants in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Tokyo center - 1.9 km.The original packaging of the dish made from dough, and the special sauce imitates the blood. Absolutely all parts of the corpse are edible, but not all guests dare to try them. Guests of the unusual Tokyo restaurant can choose either men's or women's body. If you want to 'personally dissect the corpse', you should not be afraid of the 'bloody' sauce. What you see inside the realistic packaging is even more impressive - all the sushi and sashimi have the form of human organs. … Read further
Yoyogi National GymnasiumFrom the series “Top 14 Sport Stadiums with Impressive Design”
Check on the map: Distance from Tokyo center - 5.1 km.After the sporting event you can spend a while in this beautiful place and visit the magnificent park. Here is one of the most important religious sanctuaries of Japan - Meiji-jingū located. Travelers who visit the stadium in the spring can see the many beautiful landscaping elements in the park and graze on the blossoming Japanese flower cherry. On the Yoyogi Park Territorium there are a lot of excellent resorts, sports grounds and special picnic areas. In good weather there is a very lively atmosphere in the surroundings of the most beautiful stadium in the world. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Tokyo and surroundings
Photos of Tokyo
Travelling to Tokyo - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Tokyo. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.