Preparing your trip to Interlaken: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers should definitely not forget to take hotel card when they go outside. It entitles you to free travel on all types of public transport, as well as to discounts on some excursions and cultural events.
2. Budget travelers should pay attention not only to local hotels, but also to camps that work throughout year. The most popular among them is called Alpenblick 2 and it is located on the shore of Lake Thun. The cost of accommodation in the camp will cost you just 6 francs a day.
3. Coop is a famous store that is popular not only with shoppers, but also with gourmets. In the morning hours the restaurant, which is located on the second floor, serves buffet type breakfasts. A delicious breakfast will cost approximately 11 francs.
4. Swiss watches and knives remain the most popular souvenirs with travellers. The best way to buy them is to go to specialized shopping centers. Many stores offer buyers to put engraving to the purchased goods. This service is free.
6. The city is considered one of the quietest and safest in Europe. However, travelers should not forget to follow basic rules of safety. Do not leave bags and clothes unattended, and do not take large sums of cash without any need.
7. There are several car rental offices in the city. The cost of rent and the amount of deposit depends on the particular brand of car. In order to rent a car you will need a driving license of the international class and as collateral you will need to provide a credit card with the required amount in the account.
The most famous and prestigious shopping place in Interlaken is Metropol Gallery. Trading pavilions of the most prestigious companies are assembled in this elite center. It is a pleasure to … Open
9. The period from mid-January to late February is considered the most favorable time for the winter holidays. During this time of year hotel rooms should be booked in advance as the number of tourists is always very high.
10. Service charges in almost all restaurants and bars are already included in the total bill. Their amount is rarely more than 15%. Leaving additional cash as a reward is not common.
Preparing your trip to Interlaken: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Interlaken - unique sights
Niouc BridgeFrom the series “Thrilling Points for Bungee Jumping”
Check on the map: Distance from Interlaken center - 51.8 km.Thanks to the fortifications built in 1996, the bridge is no longer rocked by the wind, so you can jump out of altitude in the most comfortable conditions. Niouc is the highest peak in Switzerland, making it a place of interest for the world. The price for Freifall, which takes 4 seconds, is quite high and makes more than 200 USD. It should be noted that the platform for Bunjee jumping is open only at the daytime. … Read further
EngelbergFrom the series “15 Sparsely Populated Places for Solitude with Wildlife”
Check on the map: Distance from Interlaken center - 46.2 km.More than that, there was saved an old church, a good example of rococo style of the 1730s. The main nature sightseeing of these places is a wonderful lake Trubsee. From this lake begin the most interesting touristic walking routes. Engelberg is a unique place which give people an opportunity to combine a private vacation with original resort entertainment. At the top station of the aerial lift Rotair has placed a unique public place – the highest in Europe karaoke-bar. … Read further
PilatusbahnFrom the series “The Most Dangerous Railroads in the World”
Check on the map: Distance from Interlaken center - 44.4 km.Nowadays, 10 red carriages, designed to hold 40 passengers, are shuttling constantly. The carriages move with a speed not exceeding 12 km/h, which allows to transport up to 340 passengers hourly. In all the carriages the atmosphere of the middle of the last century has been recreated, which makes the trip even more interesting. If you do not lean out of the window, the trip will seem maximally comfortable, but if you do, you can catch the fragrance of mountain flowers and even pick them from the steep slopes. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Interlaken and surroundings
Photos of Interlaken
Travelling to Interlaken - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Interlaken. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.