Preparing your trip to Interlaken: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Travelers should definitely not forget to take hotel card when they go outside. It entitles you to free travel on all types of public transport, as well as to discounts on some excursions and cultural events.
2. Budget travelers should pay attention not only to local hotels, but also to camps that work throughout year. The most popular among them is called Alpenblick 2 and it is located on the shore of Lake Thun. The cost of accommodation in the camp will cost you just 6 francs a day.
3. Coop is a famous store that is popular not only with shoppers, but also with gourmets. In the morning hours the restaurant, which is located on the second floor, serves buffet type breakfasts. A delicious breakfast will cost approximately 11 francs.
4. Swiss watches and knives remain the most popular souvenirs with travellers. The best way to buy them is to go to specialized shopping centers. Many stores offer buyers to put engraving to the purchased goods. This service is free.
6. The city is considered one of the quietest and safest in Europe. However, travelers should not forget to follow basic rules of safety. Do not leave bags and clothes unattended, and do not take large sums of cash without any need.
7. There are several car rental offices in the city. The cost of rent and the amount of deposit depends on the particular brand of car. In order to rent a car you will need a driving license of the international class and as collateral you will need to provide a credit card with the required amount in the account.
9. The period from mid-January to late February is considered the most favorable time for the winter holidays. During this time of year hotel rooms should be booked in advance as the number of tourists is always very high.
10. Service charges in almost all restaurants and bars are already included in the total bill. Their amount is rarely more than 15%. Leaving additional cash as a reward is not common.
Preparing your trip to Interlaken: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Interlaken - unique sights
Wengen ResortFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Interlaken center - 10.6 km.One of the most attractive features of Wengen is its unique ecology. There is no traffic on the health resort, so the air is always very fresh. Usually, the ski season starts in the middle of December and lasts until the end of April. The guests of the spa resort have a great choice of entertainment, which is not limited to skiing. All year round, the special curling hall and ice rink are open. And in the summer, the tennis courts and the Minigolf fields are available to the health resort guests. Wengen also has the typical entertainment infrastructure and is a location for restaurants, colorful bars and discos, a cinema and even a concert hall. … Read further
Eiger Run Ski SlopeFrom the series “Top 13 Furious Ski Resorts and Pistes”
Check on the map: Distance from Interlaken center - 15.1 km.At present, the dangerous runway under the leadership of the Jungfrau Railroad, whose specialists claim that there are enough warning signs on the ski slope. The skiers, who are skiing for the first time on Eiger Run, should do the best with the guide. Here one can literally stumble on flat ground and be seriously injured. And the reason for this is not slippery ice, but the old railroad tracks. … Read further
Tibitis Landscape AdsFrom the series “Creative and Incredible Advertising Constructions”
Check on the map: Distance from Interlaken center - 25.3 km.In order to emphasize the idea of the advertising campaign, agency employees have attached the fork of common size to the tree branches. The original landscape advertising attracted the attention of the thousands of people and significantly increased the visibility of Tibits' vegetarian restaurants. The advertising campaign, which took place in Switzerland in 2009, is by no means the only one using the huge forks for installation. One of the well-known seafood restaurants has pushed the huge forks into the sea to emphasize the freshness of the food. … Read further
Photos of Interlaken
Travelling to Interlaken - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Interlaken. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.