Preparing your trip to Riga: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Tourists are recommended to visit the central market for shopping tours as this is the place where you can buy just about anything, from fresh food to souvenirs. Don’t forget to bargain with vendors in the market – sellers consider this an exciting game.
2. The best way to move around the city is on public transport. This type of transportation is the savviest one.
3. The main streets of the city are always crowded. You will find many people even late at night. The majority of them are tourists, who like walking here. Despite the fact that it’s rather calm and quiet in the central part of the city even in the evening, travellers are not recommended to take valuables with them without any special need.
4. In restaurants of Riga waiters recommend ordering local alcoholic drinks only. This is not an advertising ploy, Riga’s vodka, liqueurs and beer are really the best in the country. It is worth noting that a bottle of rare liquor can be a wonderful memorial gift.
6. The city is very convenient to travel by car. There are no major traffic jams and a lot of free parking space here. If you want to rent a car, you will need to move to car rental locations and show international driver's license. You will also need a credit card to rent a vehicle.
7. Bicycle is a very popular form of transport. You can easily reach any of the city’s attractions by using the two-wheeled vehicle.
Discovering the architecture of Riga from bird's eye view! Church of St. Peter, National Library of Latvia, Latvian Academy of Sciences, Riga Central Market, Virgin of Anguish Church, all those monuments are defining the image of Riga … Open
Preparing your trip to Riga: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
Latvia: travelling advices11. Every year, on the nearest Saturday to February 21, there are free city tours in Riga timed to the International Tourist Guide Day. Those wishing to take them meet at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm at the Powder Tower.
12. A Schengen visa is required to enter the country.
13. The local law bans the sale of alcohol between 10:00 pm and 6:00 am. Alcohol cannot be bought during this time since shops are open from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
14. If tourists have any problems or get into a criminal situation, they can call the toll-free emergency telephone number 112. … Open
Photos of Riga
Travelling to Riga - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Riga. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.