With the beginning of the XIII century the appearance of the cathedral has undergone many changes. Both of its unfinished main towers date back to the thirteenth century. The former portal of the facade was replaced with the portico with six Corinthian columns in 1749 - 1756. The pointed metal tower of the cathedral dates back to 1895. It appeared on the site of the former belfry installed in the XV century. The interior of the church is designed in a strict Calvinistic style, so it is extremely modest. The northern side nave of the church is the location of "chaise de Calvin", a triangular chair that, supposedly, belonged to John Calvin (1509-1565), a theologian and church reformer who escaped from Paris and reached Geneva. The church’s chapels are located in front of wooden poles placed in a transverse nave. The Chapel of Rohan is the location of a monument dedicated to Duke Henri de Rohan (1579-1638). The duke was the leader of French Protestants during the reign of King Louis XIII. The monument was erected in 1889.
The old part of the city has another noteworthy object - Tavel House (Maison Tavel) , the oldest residential building in Geneva that has survived to our days. First mentions of the building appear in 1303. In 1334 the building was renovated. The beautiful structure with Gothic facade has become home to the Museum of Geneva (Musee du Vieux Geneve) . Here tourists will be able to see the relief that illustrates the way Geneva looked like in 1850, before the city wall was demolished. The relief was made in 1880 – 1896 by A. Manion in a scale of 1:250. In addition, the museum hosts the exhibition devoted to the life of Geneva inhabitants of that time.