Preparing your trip to Beijing: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. It is not common to leave a tip to service personnel in Beijing hotels. If you definitely want to please a maid, a pair of Yuan would be enough.
2. Bargaining is natural on the local markets. Do not hesitate to do this as sometimes it can bring the price down sufficiently. Of course, no bargaining is possible in stores. However, there is another advantage – you can easily exchange the defective product.
3. You should be pretty careful on transport crossings. Local drivers often do not bother to follow traffic regulations, so keeping an eye on the cars around you is always a good idea. However, quite often pedestrians can be allowed to go even in the wrong place.
4. People can always talk to local residents and, for example, ask to show the right way. Of course, language barrier is quite often a real obstacle in communication. However, if you face this problem there is a simple solution – show a map to the local taxi driver and specify the point you need to get. Any driver will bring you to the desired point of interest within minutes.
6. The majority of excursion sites and museums are available for publics starting from early morning. However, they are also closed quite early – something around 18:00 is the latest.
7. Banks and other government agencies operate five days a week. Saturday and Sunday are days off.
Beijing is the second largest city of China. However, if Shanghai, which occupies the first place, is an economical and entertainment centre of the country, Beijing is its cultural and … Open
9. We also recommended checking the compatibility of appliances and electronics you plan to take with you before the trip. The voltage in Beijing is 220 V.
Preparing your trip to Beijing: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Beijing - unique sights
Bull Eggs in Sim-Sim RestaurantFrom the series “The most disgusting dishes in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Beijing center - 4 km.Such meat is considered the most clean, the protein content in it is very high. The affordable, nutritious, and tasty dish didn’t gained such popularity throughout the world by chance. If earlier it was considered to be a cheap food for farmers, now a delicacy is in demand among wealthy people. In China, you can buy bull eggs both in a conventional supermarket and at a market where butchers are often cutting this savory product. … Read further
Happy Valley ParkFrom the series “The most fantastic amusement parks in the world”
Check on the map: Distance from Beijing center - 10 km.Since opening, Glücktal has served as a location for many festivals, sports and cultural events. The performances of the magicians, the music concerts and theatrical performances, the special festive programs and the entertainment programs for the children - the entertainment program of the park is very diverse. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Beijing and surroundings
Photos of Beijing
Travelling to Beijing - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Beijing. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.