Preparing your trip to Beijing: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. It is not common to leave a tip to service personnel in Beijing hotels. If you definitely want to please a maid, a pair of Yuan would be enough.
2. Bargaining is natural on the local markets. Do not hesitate to do this as sometimes it can bring the price down sufficiently. Of course, no bargaining is possible in stores. However, there is another advantage – you can easily exchange the defective product.
3. You should be pretty careful on transport crossings. Local drivers often do not bother to follow traffic regulations, so keeping an eye on the cars around you is always a good idea. However, quite often pedestrians can be allowed to go even in the wrong place.
4. People can always talk to local residents and, for example, ask to show the right way. Of course, language barrier is quite often a real obstacle in communication. However, if you face this problem there is a simple solution – show a map to the local taxi driver and specify the point you need to get. Any driver will bring you to the desired point of interest within minutes.
6. The majority of excursion sites and museums are available for publics starting from early morning. However, they are also closed quite early – something around 18:00 is the latest.
7. Banks and other government agencies operate five days a week. Saturday and Sunday are days off.
In Beijing, travellers with children will find numerous amusement parks, modern cinemas and shopping malls. They can walk in beautiful parks or attend interesting museums. Happy Valley Park … Open
9. We also recommended checking the compatibility of appliances and electronics you plan to take with you before the trip. The voltage in Beijing is 220 V.
Preparing your trip to Beijing: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Beijing - unique sights
Beihai Gongyuan ParkFrom the series “Top 16 most unusual and original parks and gardens”
Check on the map: Distance from Beijing center - 0 km.Despite the fact that the imperial park was founded in the 9th century, it opened to the public only in 1925. Before that time, only members of the imperial family could visit it. The green zone is divided into four districts. You can see an old Buddhist chapel and majestic statues in the Round City. The Jade Flower Island features an amazing temple complex and the White Pagoda, which is the main symbol of the park. One of the most tranquil and picturesque places is the Eastern Island. Graceful old pavilions can be seen on the Northern Island. … Read further
Temple of Confucius in BeijingFrom the series “The surviving artifacts of the Confucian civilization”
Check on the map: Distance from Beijing center - 3 km.Area of the temple with all its buildings and park areas is about 20 000 square meters. Today, it is a tourist attraction of national importance. The most unusual decoration of the complex is a bunch of 198 stone tablets. Names of 51 624 people who have successfully passed the examination for the degree of Jinshi are carved there. Stone drums, old bells, incinerator for silk, and pavilions decorated with elaborate patterns are just some of those precious objects of Confucian culture, which visitors of the beautiful temple can see. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Beijing and surroundings
Photos of Beijing
Travelling to Beijing - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Beijing. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.