Preparing your trip to Bavaro: advices & hints - things to do and to obey
1. Fans of hiking and excursions are better to refrain from visiting Bavaro during the period from May to September as it usually rains every day during this season. Showers are rare during the rest of the year, so nothing will prevent tourists from their active excursion program.
2. August is the hottest month of the year, so the temperature rarely falls below 30C.
3. Tourists might consider taking a Spanish phrasebook with them as virtually all local people speak this language. English is also widespread in the region. In large hotel complexes and shopping centers, the staff usually speaks German and French.
4. When visiting religious landmarks, men must take off hats and caps. In the past, women were required to cover their hair with a shawl, but this rule has become a recommendation in recent years.
6. Prestigious hotels, large restaurants, and shopping complexes accept international credit cards. When it comes to remote areas of the town, tourists might find it difficult to pay with a credit card. Finding a bank to cash out will be a no easier task. Therefore, it is better to have some cash in your wallet.
7. Besides Dominican peso, it is possible to pay with US dollars – this currency is widely accepted virtually everywhere. It is better to exchange money in special exchange offices or banks located at some distance from the center of Bavaro. As a rule, all exchange services in the center offer quite an unfavorable exchange rate.
Bavaro is interesting, first of all, for its natural attractions and beaches. Rest here will appeal to the youngest travelers and teenagers. Older children and their parents will be … Open
9. It is recommended to leave tips in local restaurants and cafes. A tip of up to 10% is enough. A more generous reward can simply confuse staff. Some restaurants include a service fee in the bill.
Preparing your trip to Bavaro: advices & hints - things to do and to obey You can re-publish this content with mandatory attribution: direct and active hyperlink to www.orangesmile.com.
What to visit being in Bavaro - unique sights
Las Cascada WaterparkFrom the series “The Greatest and Fanciest Water Parks”
Check on the map: Distance from Bavaro center - 140.7 km.Opening of the water park has been held in 1985. A few years ago, it was completely renovated. After the upgrade, new and modern rides appeared. A beautiful tropical garden surrounding the water park remained unchanged. Bomb and Fast Descent slides are perfect for fans of dizzying rides. One of the fastest rides is The Water Tunnel. … Read further
City tours, excursions and tickets in Bavaro and surroundings
Dominican Republic: travelling advices4. Arriving in the Dominican Republic, be sure to exchange some US dollars for Dominican pesos at ATM. Many restaurants and hotels accept American dollars, but this may be unprofitable.
5. It's very important to avoid drinking tap water and water in restaurants. Do not buy coconut water on the street. You can only drink bottled mineral water bought in a food shop. Use it to rinse the mouth after brushing your teeth. In restaurants and cafes, ask waiters if they purify water used for drinks. Bacteria in the water are safe for most Dominicans but can cause indigestion in tourists.
6. In the Dominican Republic, it is common to share food. Eating in front of the interlocutor is considered bad manners.
7. It is very dangerous to go out alone to a dark, deserted street. In the evenings, you should avoid wearing jewelry and designer clothes attracting too much attention. … Open
Photos of Bavaro
Travelling to Bavaro - advices and tips. What should be provisioned in advance, the rules you might want to follow, and the things you better avoid doing in Bavaro. We help you to make your trip smooth and easy, with no unexpected surprises.